YRC Freight Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

YRC Freight Interview Questions

Interviews at YRC Freight

2.2

Dock Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. Nothing out the ordinary. Although it was a phone interview. Made a strong impression vs a weak candidate pool. Passed my second interview with flying colors and got selected.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to dish out discipline to an employee? If so what was the outcome of the discipline, Explain in detail.   Answer Question

I was interviewed and offered by the Denver terminal in Aurora. But was offered to stay in Dallas to avoid the relocation at the last minute and accepted that option.

P&D Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Wheeling, IL (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Quick, plenty of questions and answers about work history and safety. This is a great job but the fact of not having a bid may mean a long drive to another terminal and being called to work on your days off.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Louisville, KY (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

A quick phone interview followed by a secondary interview. I was asked pretty typical interview questions, and was contacted fairly quickly after applying. The whole process took about three-four weeks total.

Terminal Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was hard very basic questioning. just make sure you do you history on the company and come with a game plan. Very friendly and formal interview process. Hiring manager asked about different experiences and relocation process. I felt it was on of the smoothest interview I have ever encountered

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Decatur, GA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very thorough and professional. All important questions were asked and detailed answers were provided. Very friendly and inviting as well. Pleased with everything, from beginning to end.

Weights and Inspection Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laredo, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Laredo, TX (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. The Hiring manager was in Cleveland Ohio. He called my phone for an interview. Asked questions about my previous employment experience. He asked me to describe situations when a customer needed assistance solving an issue in the supply chain and how I handled and fixed the situation.

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago Heights, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Chicago Heights, IL (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Simple. You get a phone call from Kansas, corporate, they ask a few questions then set up another interview at the facility in which you applied. When you get to that interview, you will be asked to take a written forklift safety test. After that they take you to the docks and have you drive the forklift. If they like you, you stay, if not, ya get sent home. Then you tale your drug test and wait for your background test to come back and get a call with your start date.

Interview Questions

• What is an important safety task on the forklift?   2 Answers

P&D/Dock Combo Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansdale, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Lansdale, PA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Laid back and easy interview. Manager knew most of the answers to questions I asked. Also was very honest about what hours I’d be working, also explained that it was a Union shop so seniority prevails.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok working the afternoon/evening shift til you get more seniority?   1 Answer

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tonawanda, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Tonawanda, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The easiest and most informal interview I've ever had. He told me what the job entails, what an average day is like, the working conditions, etc. Basically told me all the roughest parts of the job, then if I still wanted it. I said yes, a week or two later I was working.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any forklift experience?   1 Answer

Driver/Dockworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Waco, TX (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

All lies but kinkade will act like he is talking truth to you.Is this YRC policy, can someone judge what I will or will not do. I feel that mr Kinkaid had a total malice intent before he even begin to spoken with me, I feel that begin any word were even said to me, he was looking for any and/or excuse to have distain toward me, This to me was a justify termination.