YRC Freight Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

YRC Freight Interview Questions

Interviews at YRC Freight

2.2

City Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

They call me two days after applied.
    Showed me some safety videos. How to operate a fork lift,showed me the terminal, trucks.and c get home business just joined just 8 8 I used it just occurred in it on my name means.

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Kansas City, MO (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by corporate office in Kansas City after applying online. The person was professional, courteous and helpful. Outstanding effort on her behalf. Definitely a quick process. If you meet the basic requirements for the position, they will go above and beyond to help you get in the door.

Interview Questions

• Flexibility in shifts and ability to work odd hours.   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Overland Park, KS (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied via indeed,within 10 days received an email to schedule a phone interview,after a qucik set of basic questions invited for the final onsite interview.
    Onsite interview i was asked to shadow the person with the same position for about 30 minutes,no questions wwere asked

Interview Questions

• phone interview-basic tell me about
      onsite-no questions were asked,was asked to shadow a staff member who is at the same position for the job role i was applying for   1 Answer

City Driver/Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Bakersfield, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

I was called and did a phone interview which went went very well. That person set me up with an interview for a person to person at the Bakersfield Ca yard. I was there on time and had to sit and wait 20 minutes interviewer was unprepared and I really didn't ask me any questions about myself only told me about the company and then walked me to the exit door. Said that he had other interviews to do and would call me at the end of the week. I have not heard from him since 4 weeks ago tomorrow.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight in June 2014.

Interview

They just asked a bunch of question with regards to my experience and background in forklifts and if I could handle a hectic chaotic load all the time. Consistently were adamant about punctuality of time and time management with regards to efficiency and large work load.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as your goals for the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight.

Interview

applied and got interview in a week and got job a week later it was a very easy process and went smoothly for me i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i

Road Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight.

Interview

Interview was professional, line haul manager explained all aspects of job in clear detail including the starting pay, schedule, benefits, etc. He explained what was needed on my license, and active Class A CDL with Doubles/Triples, Hazmat, and Tanker endorsements. Also asked about my driving experience. Showed me around terminal and discussed various different aspects of what goes on around terminal.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work a flexible schedule?   2 Answers

Dock Worker/Dock Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlisle, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Carlisle, PA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

I initially applied to the Dock Worker full-time position at the end of January 2014 and did not receive a call for an interview for the position until near the end of February 2014. I went to the Carlisle, PA terminal for the Dock Worker interview on 2/24/14 and it was very simple and straightforward with the person basically just telling me about the position and no behavioral-type questions. The interviewer saw my college degree and asked if I was interested in management/supervisor role and I said yes and on my way home YRC called me to come in that same week on 2/26/14 to interview for Dock Supervisor. I accepted, came in two days later, and interviewed with two Operations Managers who went over the position, asked me "some" behavioral questions, but nothing really hard, and then they answered my questions I had about the position itself. For the answers I gave to their questions, they told me to answer them either with a real past experience or how I would handle the situation if I never had a real experience with the question. Then, once I completed both of these two interviews I waited quite a while (a little over a month) until I finally received a job offer of Dock Supervisor on 4/3/14 via email from YRC Freight. I was essentially over-qualified for just Dock Worker and was told that I would be hired for Operations Trainee to train me for a supervisor position, but much to my surprise they offered me Dock Supervisor to start in and move up from there. I was happy about it and definitely accepted it! It definitely pays to be persistent and keep in touch with them about the position you applied to while at the same time persevering and being patient. Overall, they're pretty easy to get into as long as you're qualified for the position and such. I have not started this position yet, but I know I will like it!

Interview Questions

• None really that I can remember - the entire interview and hiring process was quite simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate anything since there was no room for negotiation for this position. They tell you what you start at and what your benefits are after 30 days and that's it. They do, however, answer any and all questions you have, such as if there is a sign-on bonus, but they don't.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Overland Park, KS (US)) in December 2010.

Interview

Very quick decisions made. Rapid offer.

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Dock Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Phoenix, AZ (US)).

Interview

I recieved a phone call several months after submiting my application asking me if I was still interested in the position. I had an interview scheduled several days later and was offered the position three days later. I had to wait several days for a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• A simple list of five pre selected questions about previous experience.   Answer Question