YRC Freight Pricing Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at YRC Freight

1 Interview Review

4.0

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Overland Park, KS (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with four pricing managers, the pricing director, and the VP of pricing. Some of the PMs interviewed me, some seemed to assume I was a shoo-in for the job and just started briefing me on the company. In any case they were standard, pleasant interviews.

The Director asked some tougher questions and had me fill out a self-assessment which we then discussed. Don't BS this guy, be honest about your competencies and weaknesses, ask good questions, and you'll be fine. He said he likes to leave the decision largely to the PMs, so they're the ones you want to impress.

The VP made me kind of nervous-- I felt like I was swimming with a shark. DEFINITELY don't BS this guy, because he's smart and will hound you until he unravels your answer. Obviously I know this from experience. Know that your screw ups will ultimately make him look bad, so try to give him the impression that you know what you're doing and he will be able to safely ignore you.

If I have one beef with the process, it's that nobody told me that I didn't get the job. Three weeks after the interview I contacted the PMs and they said I'd be informed yea or nay. Three weeks later, I contacted the PD and was told they found a better candidate. So it goes, I guess.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed, and how that went for you.   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.