Yahoo India Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Yahoo India Interview Questions

Interviews at Yahoo India

3.3

Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo India in February 2011.

Interview

Applied through on-campus. Interview process: Written round, coding, two technical interview followed by HR.
    Written round focused on algorithm and aptitude. Three problems were given to be solved in 1 hour. Tech round focused on data structures, networking, OS.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo India (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a one way video interview where I was assessed on my Previous job experience and IT skills, and knowledge on Business analyst and QA role. I was also assessed on a few technical questions and excel skills.

Interview Questions

• Brief about the previous job role and educational background.   1 Answer

The travel distance was long.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo India.

Interview

One MCQ round 30 questions..
    After that 2 coding rounds .
    1 question based on string matching and other from dynamic programming.
    After that technical interviews

Interview Questions

• Lots of theoretical questions based on oops, dbms , operating systems etc..
      then algos to find LCA, linked list reversal etc..   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo India (Bengaluru).

Interview

Had a very bad experience with Yahoo India. Eventhough lot of people suggested its a sinking ship and not to apply with them, I went ahead. I had two telephonic and 4 technical rounds. The HR informed me that the feedback was positive and they will make an offer soon. Then they ask me to interview with another team. The manager of that team asks me a design question and when I attempt to answer them, he gets up, tells me my basics are flawed, switches off the light of conf room and walks away. Them the HR asks me to interview with another team. After completing 11 rounds (went on for 3 months), they still havent made a decision and they blame the upper management.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions - 25 horses race, tic tac toe etc. Mostly out of careercup website   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo India (Pune) in November 2009.

Interview

Was hired through campus, they asked a lot of things including c++ fundamentals, c programs and algorithms, some trick questions, dbms questions like when how why would you normalize, then typical hr questions. Had 4 rounds as far as I remember (this was in Nov 2008). Oh and I think there as an aptitude test based on linux and other OS fundamentals.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was fixed since I was a campus hire, but raise was very good. around 40% over two years.

Anonymous Employee in Kharagpur, West Bengal

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo India (Kharagpur, West Bengal) in December 2011.

Interview

1 coding round - questions underlying base concepts will be asked
    3 technical interviews - CS fundamentals and their application in industry is expected to be known
    1 HR interview

Interview Questions

• A puzzle was asked by the most senior recruiter   1 Answer

Negotiation

I chose not to negotiate as the compensation was at par with the industry standard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo India (Bengaluru) in September 2012.

Interview

First there was an aptitude test of 45 minutes. After that there were two rounds of lab test where you had to code for 1 hour each. Then there was 4 rounds of 1-1 interview with the last interview being HR interview. It was a campus selection. 100 students applied for the job of which 4 got selected.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo India (Bengaluru) in August 2012.

Interview

Totally 6 rounds of elimination...
    1st round is written Aptitude Test covering basics of Computer Science...
    2nd round is Programming Round... Had to solve 2 out of 4 questions.....
    People shortlised were called for Interview Rounds...
    There were 3 technical rounds of approx 30mins each...and a final customary HR round...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yahoo India (Bengaluru) in December 2008.

Interview

Initially picked at Linux Bangalore - had 3 rounds at a stall in IISc, called for a tech round in Yahoo Campus, Mg Road. Great thinking, puzzle solving, challenging teasers in algorithms, data structures and logical thinking. Interviewers guided the way if i missed an optimization and it was a superb learning and enjoyable experience just attending their interview. I didnt get through but it was my most satisfying interview and my impression of the company and their people went up.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yahoo India (Bengaluru).

Interview

good knowledgeable people taking the interview. Talent team pretty responsive right from first day till the offer letter was issued. The interviewers were nice people with no egos. Ample details in the mail to reach the location, good parking in the building for the visitors

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.