Yell Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Yell Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Yell

2.7

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yell (Reading, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Fairly standard for software development, phone interview followed by programming task done at home. Then in person interviews with several different members of staff all on the same day.

The process was straight forward and feedback was given on the same day as most of the stages.

Very helpful feedback was provided at each stage by Yell's internal recruitment team.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yell

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Reading, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

Four interviews in total. Phone interview with HR first then hiring manager. If both of the phone interviews are fine, you will have to complete kinda IQ test, where speed means a lot, then face to face interview. If you pass that as well, you will receive an offer. Phone interviews are easy, IQ test is very simple but you have to be as fast as you can cause that is the only thing counts.

Interview Questions

• Logical games. Nothing to do with the job you apply, it is all about logic and problem solving.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yell (London, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

Went through a single round of interviews. My first, straight out of school interview although they generally seek much more experienced and senior developers.
    Very relaxed atmosphere and made to feel comfortable.
    Questions were very practical and open ended, leaving room for lots of discussion.

Interview Questions

• What considerations would you take into account when designing a program that runs in Australia but is managed from the UK?   Answer Question

Yell Response

11 Nov 2014 – Head of Recruitment

Thanks for your review, we make a real effort to ensure that candidates can come across as themselves and be in a position to gives their best in what can be a stressful situation for some. We want to hire people where there is a mutually beneficial relationship where objectives and values are aligned as per our candidate charter.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.