Yell Undergraduate Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2 of over 364 interviews

Interviews at Yell

Positive100%
Applied online100%
2.0
HardAverageEasy

Yell

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Reading, England, England) in Jan 2019

Interview

Sent my CV, brief and very friendly phone interview- more of a chat than an interview. Invited to assessment center then firstly an interview with questions about me and my background. 1hr technical test, mini java functions and testing with comments. Group test, came up with a solution to a business problem while managers took notes. Enjoyed the day and felt very welcomed.

Interview Questions
  • Technical education background
    1 Answer
  • About projects I worked on
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Yell

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yell (Reading, England, England) in Apr 2016

Interview

Firstly we had an intro from relevant people around the department and learnt about the company and what the roles entail. We also heard from the current undergrad. We then got split between doing technical tests or 1:1 interviews. The interview mainly focused on my experience as a student and my course, which was nice to see a company adapting to my limited experience in industry. Afterwards we had a break then swapped round, so if you done the interview first (like me), you then done the technical test. The technical test consisted of a hand written Java coding test, mainly covering basic Java like collections, string manipulation etc. Next was lunch provided by the company. This was a good opportunity to talk to current employees as well as learn something about both the company and industry. Afterwards, was a group exercise consisting of a Scrum planning task, I personally worked with two others. The task entailed sorting tasks based on effort and value then presenting this to the company. I found the staff understanding of nerves and mistakes throughout the day, which was good as a student with limited experience in interviews. Dora was great throughout and got back to me the following Monday (the interview was on the Thursday). Feedback was given to me on the interview both positive and less positive things, which was invaluable at such an early stage in my career. One thing I didn't find so good (n.b. I believe this may have changed now): The assessment day is generic across many disciplines (such as UI, Dev and QA), this was actually quite nice as you see a fuller view of the company. What I didn't like was they chose the discipline for me, based on what they felt was best suited to my skill set. I'd have preferred the option to pick this, even if they then offered different. It was the fact I was never asked what I'd prefer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed