ZAPR Media Labs Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

ZAPR Media Labs Data Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at ZAPR Media Labs

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs (Bengaluru) in October 2019.

Interview

It will take entire day, so be prepared. Also mind the traffic, it is why Bangalore is famous for. I reached office around 11 am and left around 6.30 pm. HR received me and she was very welcoming.
Coming to the interview procedure, had 4 rounds.
1- Test
I got 6 SQL question and 2 Python. Python question were damn easy. SQL Question some were easy and some Intermediate. That's the whole test round, don't worry if you don't solve them, But be sure to give your best. After solving they ask you the approach you used to arrive at the solution.
2- Technical
I was given data table and was asked to convert table to a certain format which was required. Since I was more familiar with python pandas, I used Python. They let you use internet for searching, or I think they do, I didn't ask. It took me an hour and few snacks (oh they have a really good cafeteria, grab what you can) to solve this question in very "Efficient" way. Also they asked few more questions, I tried hard but couldn't remember.
3- Business
They gave a dataset and population split and asked me how will i split the data in excel. They enquired about the work, I done in previous company. Be sure of what you write in resume. They also told me what the company is and what it does, and it had already happened twice in previous round. But now I was in too deep that I didn't stop them.
4- HR
Very chill round. Be comfortable and be nice. We had a nice chat, she answered some of the queries I had. That's it.

Traffic was hell, while returning. I got the call the next day and I was happy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ZAPR Media Labs

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs (Bengaluru) in August 2019.

Interview

I was interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs in August 2019.
    I received a call from Recruiting firm and they arranged my interview. The process took complete 1 day. There were total 4 rounds.

Interview Questions

• 1st round was technical round where I had to solve 6 SQL questions and 2 python questions. Questions were of intermediate level and conceptual.
      2nd round was technical discussion where these questions were discussed. They asked lambda function, pandas, numpy.
      SQL questions were based on rank(), dense_rank(), sub queries, group by, joins, upper, lower, like,
      Python questions were based on dealing with arrays, sorting of arrays, dictionaries
      3rd round was discussion with analytics VP. I was bit nervous , but trust me it was one of the best interviews I have ever had. Interviewer was quite friendly.
      4th round was with HR where she asked general questions like why do you want to leave the organisation, why ZAPR, what you do do in your organisation when you have to work for longer hours etc. I went there at 11 AM and the last round completed at 5 PM. Interview was on Friday and on next Monday I got the confirmation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs (Bengaluru) in August 2019.

Interview

- Test: Technical Test with 10 SQL problems and two python problems. (You need to get your own laptop).
    - Technical Round: questions based on technical round
    - Business Round: Business Cases and Previous company experiences
    -HR Round: Questions on pressure handling and previous company experiences

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs (Bengaluru) in February 2019.

Interview

Interview happens with a total of 4 rounds. Yes, it's a bit lengthy. but one needs at least that much time to check your capabilities. Guys are helpful and make your comfort first and then ask questions, They ask me about my past life and future goal. They told me about work life and work culture and gave me prelim about the company and what they expect from me.

Interview Questions

• First round- I was given Two python code (Simple) mainly to see how much you are comfortable with pandas,numpy, matplotlib & other libraries, It was easy and some SQL queries, those are also easy. But I feel that you may have okay command in python but you have to be good in SQL and DBMS.

All the questions are easy I made all the SQL question and 1 code (Round was of 1 Hour)
      Questions were basically to check do I know some function like rank(), dense_rank(), nested query, joins, data visualization and pandas basically

2nd Round - A senior data analyst taken interview (specifical discussion) on what I have written on the previous round. Although the previous questions are a bit easy. But in this round, he started to change those question a bit and I need to write down queries or logic of that and asked some python fundamentals along with DBMS fundamentals(This Round Takes 1+ hour).

I was nervous as hell, He told me don't be you are doing great, some answers I gave wrong because of my nervousness but correct it immediately. He understands my situation and last he told me I perform well

3rd round- was to check the business sense and problem-solving ability.
      my question was a car company want to sell an x name car. so how he does analysis or campaigning to choose a correct city or medium to launch that product and ease business.
      after that, I was told about their way of business and ask some basic question if you were facing some situation how you will deliver.

He told me you need to more fluent on speaking but you did well.
      Then he came and told me to wait for my next round(It takes almost an hour in this round).

4th Round- I was told about the product part of the company and asks me some basics of networking, DS, OS and mainly ask what I understand of this technology. and check my capability is I can pull these technologies, so asked some basic questions (It took almost 40 mins)

5th Round was HR and questions was why you wanna left your previous company and what bothers you the most, what if you get big fish then whether you left this one also. They ask about my hobbies. rest is a simple question (Never underestimate this round you should not be overconfident and behave badly in any means )(It takes 40 mins )

I went there at 11:00 am and my last round completed at 7:00 pm and guess what after all (I cleared all my rounds). HR came and told me You can leave for the day we will inform you.

I felt gloomy. It was all the effort gone waste.

But on the very next morning, she called me to congratulate. I felt relaxed and sleep well for the entire day   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs (Bengaluru) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview (mostly HR) + online test (Technical - SQL questions and general aptitude test) and one round of F2F(Technical & HR). The interview panel was very friendly. They mainly focus on how well you can adapt to technology and learn.

Interview Questions

ZAPR Media Labs Response

13 Oct 2017 – CEO

Thanks for joining us.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.