ZAPR Media Labs Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

1 Interview Review

4.0

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs (Bengaluru) in September 2017.

Interview

I have 3+ years of experience in data science. The interview process was 1 month long. First I had a telephonic round. 1 week later I was given a data science problem on classification to solve in 1 week. After 1 week I was asked for face to face round. It lasted for 2 hours. Then I had a discussion with co-founder. After 2 days the HR contacted me and told me that zapr is interested to take it forward. At the beginning of the call she told me “your current ctc is 25 lpa and your expected ctc is 26lpa” which sounded ridiculous to me. So , I told that, thats not possible as nobody would come for 1lpa hike. Then she asked me what my expectation is. I replied I am looking for a figure around 30 lpa but I want clarification about the consultancy and other source of income (whether I can continue or not) before I can tell her a number. So, she got a bit irritated (seemed to me) and scheduled a call with the co-founder. Then I had the call with co-founder about my consultancy. After that I was expecting call from HR so that I can tell her a figure as my questions were already clarified by the co-founder. Next day, I waited in the morning for the call and as I did not hear from her, I sent her my expected figure as [32 fixed + variable]. she called me and told me that zapr does not want to go forward as I am capricious and hopping from 26 lpa to 30 lpa to 32 lpa. But its on record that I asked for 32 lpa. Now getting blamed like this is very disheartening to me. I can understand if you cant match the figure but getting blamed as unstable is not acceptable. One suggestion for the management:- Dont let a newbie to do the salary negotiation, they cannot take it professionally. The co-founders should do the negotiation. It is a blessing that I did not join ZAPR.

Interview Questions

ZAPR Media Labs Response

13 Oct 2017 – CEO

Hi - My name is Sandipan and I'm the cofounder and CEO at Zapr Media Labs. I do appreciate your candid feedback. We are constantly learning and improving our internal processes, including our recruitment and interviewing processes. Sometimes we find a mutual fit and at other times we don't, with all the amazing candidates who choose to interact and engage with us, including yourself. Regardless of the outcome of the process, it is unfortunate that you had a negative experience which interacting with us. That should not have happened. I'll get feedback on what happened internally, however I can assure you that our intent is most definitely not to blame you for anything. I appreciate your suggestions and we will definitely consider them going forward.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.