ZAPR Media Labs Research Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs (Bengaluru) in December 2018.

Interview

Telephonic discussion was mostly technical with focus on machine learning and data preprocessing. I will focus mostly on the on-site interview as it reflects the experience better.

On-site interview process is completely hands-on. I was given a dataset with a few days time limit to explore in my own time. In the interview I was assessed based not just on my exploration of the data but also on the improvements I can make on the models during the interview. The process is rewarding because you are constantly guided by the interviewer and the results are awesome.
This is followed by an in-depth discussion on architecting a pipeline/data model for a hypothetical company, which can be from any domain. For example I was asked to build a taxi app from scratch discussing all the elements that go into the system, from data to algorithms. This process is again a discussion rather than a QnA session.

Interview Questions

• All questions in the on-site interview were based on possible improvement to the models that I had built. and were from these topics.
    1. Dimensionality reduction (followed by using it)
    2. Train multiple models on the dataset judiciously
    3. Selecting the ideal metric for the dataset
    4. From scratch ensemble learning on the dataset with pre-prepared models
    5. Architectural questions and discussions on taxi service
    6. How will you use LSTM for analysing time-series data
    7. Time-series analysis to find outliers and trends   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.