ZAPR Media Labs Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

ZAPR Media Labs Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at ZAPR Media Labs

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs (Bengaluru) in June 2019.

Interview

The entire process was very smooth. The interviewers were very helpful and nice. They made me feel very comfortable and were helping me at the points where I was getting stuck at. It consists of 3 rounds - Technical, Design and Managerial.

Interview Questions

• The Tiling problem. Given a “3 x n” board and tiles of size “3 x 1”, count the number of ways to tile the given board using the 3 x 1 tiles. A tile can either be placed horizontally i.e., as a 1 x 3 tile or vertically i.e., as 3x 1 tile.   1 Answer
  • Given a dictionary and a crossword, you need to find all the possible words of the dictionary in the given crossword and you can move in any direction.   1 Answer
  • Given an array of numbers, find the closest number to each of them and arrange the array in that order. It need not be ascending or descending.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ZAPR Media Labs

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs in April 2019.

Interview

great interview process, questions asked mainly to test coding and design skills on data structure and algorithms, welcoming HR, sound and motivating interviewer, sound founders.....

Interview Questions

• DS/ algo, design, project description, tree, linked list, arrays,   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs (Bengaluru) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied for Software Engineer position at Zapr Media Labs . The interview consisted of 4 technical rounds ( 1 online and 3 offline) and then followed by discussion with VP.

The interviews was focused mainly on Data Structures , System Design Questions and Projects in my resume.

Interviewers were very helpful and friendly and were very patient to understand and evaluate every approach that I tried to solve a particular problem.

Interview Questions

• Traverse a particular tree in optimal manner with node information present in array and indices of array representing its parent node information.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs (Bengaluru) in December 2017.

Interview

I was asked to attend a Algorithmic coding interview in hackerrank platform(This was done @ home)
    They called for an F2F a day later. The Interview had two technical rounds and two consecutive rounds with a Senior engineering manager and a VP about my past work, expectations from Zapr etc.

The technical rounds were purely related to algorithms and data structures, important topics to note are dynamic programming and Binary Trees.

The overall interview experience was great and was well planned by the HR.
    The whole interview process took me an entire day but was happy to receive the offer letter on the same day.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs (Bengaluru) in July 2017.

Interview

There were two technical rounds of interview followed by one HR round. The technical round was mainly based on the subject Data Structures, Operating System and DBMS. In Data structures it was based on the concept related to Linked list and Trees.

Interview Questions

• The questions were like:
      1) Given two head pointer to two linked list and it is given that they are intersecting at one Node. Find the Node which is the intersection of Both the linked list.
      2) Given a square matrix , print the content of the matrix in a spiral manner (which follows a pattern).
      3) Given an array do the in-place sorting where the output array should have the property as a[i]=a[a[i]] .   1 Answer

ZAPR Media Labs Response

13 Oct 2017 – CEO

We're happy you've joined! :)

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs in July 2017.

Interview

The campus recruitment process happened on two days. It was well planned.

Day 1 : Pre placement talk and then Online test which consisted of a few MCQs and 2 coding questions.
                      40 people were shortlisted out of 150.
    Day 2:
                  a) Group Coding Round - We were divided into 5 groups of 8 each. Each group had one coding question. They shortlisted 2-3 people from each group for the next round. Totally 17 were shortlisted for the interviews.
                  b) Interview Round 1 - The interviewer asked us to explain our projects. Then he asked me a few questions about Database Systems, OS, Data Structures.
    10 were shortlisted for the next round of technical interview.
                  c) Interview Round 2 - The panel had two members. They were very friendly and helpful. They asked me a question on Data Structures as I told them that it was my favourite subject. They gave me the right hints and guided me so that I could arrive at the solution.
    4 students were selected for the HR round.
                  d) HR round - The interviewer asked me why I wanted to join ZAPR. Then he told me about the responsibilities of working in a startup and how it is different from working in an MNC.
    They selected 4 students and I was fortunate to be one of them.

Interview Questions

ZAPR Media Labs Response

13 Oct 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback and we're happy you've accepted our offer.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.