ZF TRW Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

ZF TRW Interview Questions

Interviews at ZF TRW

2.6

Senior Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Livonia, MI (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

2 phone interviews with HR and 1 on site interview with engineer, supervisor, sr. manager & director. People's levels/positions were not mentioned until after the interview was over. Started off as 1:1 interview and later became a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• In depth process questions as well as general work experience. Was asked about skill set as well as previous experiences. Also made to use lessons learnt in school and how I could apply in the problem statement they gave.   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Farmington Hills, MI (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Got a call from a head hunter who set up a phone interview. Talked to the hiring manager and a senior software engineer about my background, current job, why I wanted to change. I got called in for an interview. I talked to the hiring manager, a couple of other software engineers. They talked about the position and asked questions related to embedded systems, C, C++ etc. They wanted experience with real time operating systems, which I didn't have.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Livonia, MI (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

The first step in TRW's hiring process is to get recognized by their human resources. Once this happens, you will usually get a call within a few days asking you to set up a one on one interview with managers, chief engineering, program managers, directors, etc. Once this occurs, internally, human resources posts your interview date, and management then sign up for slots to talk with you.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZF TRW.

Interview

Applied and heard back from the HR person in a week. Went through a half hour behavioral interview. Was then scheduled for an on site interview within a week. It was a panel interview for a half hour, followed by 3 different employees (senior manager, team lead and engineer) each interviewing me an additional half hour each. Not bad at all. I liked the company and as far as you know what you are talking, you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• If the boss and the client were to come in with opposite requirements on a product what would you do? What if both your client and your boss are not willing to change their views?   Answer Question

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Farmington Hills, MI (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The process lasted 30 minutes, with about 75% of the time where the interviewer gave a detailed description of the job and expectations at each phase of the job. The rest of the time included specific questions pertaining to the submitted resume.
    The job was later put on hold due to financial reasons.

Interview Questions

• What was your role in one of the industry oriented projects listed on your resume?   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ZF TRW.

Interview

It was a telephonic interview as I was through the contractor. The Manager called me and asked basic questions regarding the Tools that I was using and the products I was working then.

Interview Questions

• What tools I am capable of working with?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Livonia, MI (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Met with hiring manager, walked up six flights of stairs versus using the elevator, no structure to interview at all, poor interviewer! She seemed to either unaware or unconcerned of interviewing protocol. Very dry, no real input to the job requirement or expectations. Violator of the equal employment act.

Interview Questions

• How many children do you have and what are their ages? How do you plan to pay for school?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI (US)

Application

Interview

I had to walk up 6 flights of stairs to the hiring managers office, was out of breath before I could tell the interviewer anything about myself. The hiring mgr gave me a small run down of the position. I was told there would be travel, although the description did not show this. It sounded like a good move career wise, however I don't think I would fit the culture.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ZF TRW in October 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview that had basic interview questions. Was called back for an on site interview which lasted 3 hours. Went on a plant tour, talked with materials manager, customer service reps and HR admin.

Interview Questions

• what do you do in your current role   Answer Question
    • what makes you qualified for this position?   Answer Question
    • Do you feel you have the ability to work in a facility that is open 24/7 and will be available at all times?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Interview

Sat down with two guys from the team that would take you. Talked about what the job includes and about the company. Calm atmosphere and nice people. Conversation was easy going.

Interview Questions

• What did you do when someone was mad about the work you handed them   Answer Question