ZS Associates Business Analyst Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

ZS Associates Business Analyst Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at ZS Associates

3.6

Business Analyst Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Just one round of interviews broken down into three different sections.

1) Behavioral - mainly team based questions
2) Unstructured case - based on your past experiences, may dig deeper into one specific one
3) Structured case - slides of information, interviewer walks through the case with you asking questions at the end of each section

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the given tasks.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ZS Associates

Business Analyst Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Princeton, NJ (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

First part was on campus. It was a 2 part interview where one was a case study and the other was a basic behavioral. For the case study they give you information about the client and the situation and ask you a few questions. During the behavioral part, they asked a lot of questions about working in a group and leadership. The final round interview was at the office in Princeton and was a 5-hr interview with 5 different parts including lunch. Two of them are case studies, one behavioral, and the other part was just a demonstration where someone shows you and explains a project they are working on. Overall it wasn't a difficult interview. I got nervous and messed up on the behavioral part but for the most part, people are really nice and friendly there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to come up with a unique solution to a problem   Answer Question

Business Analyst Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

30 minutes phone interview, i was been told that it will be 30 minutes technical questions, however, it end up being asked behavior questions and I didn't even prepared behavior questions

Business Analyst Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

Got to know about job opening from the college placement cell. Resume shortlisted based on cg cutoff and then online test was taken. 30 students were shortlist for three profiles. Case study was interesting and a bit lengthy. Then first round of interview was on the case study where we discussed the method of solving the problems. Some applicants were eliminated . Next two rounds were HR and behaviour related.

Business Analyst Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates in February 2015.

Interview

Round 1- Online test comprising verbal, quants, logical and attention to detail.
    Round 2- Case Study. A 10-12 page case study would be given with a lot of data, tables, graphs and you need to solve it in 40 mins. Total 3 segments with 2 questions per segment. Later you need to debrief the case study to the interviewer and need to defend your answers.
    Round 3- Behavioral. Resume based questions, questions on your 4 years of college life, questions on your final year project. Guesstimate, brain teasers, puzzles etc. are also asked.
    Round 4- Fit for employment. They judge your attitude towards work. Questions would be asked on the job profile you are applying for. Some diplomatic questions. Conducted by one of the top officials of the company.

My Round 3 and Round 4 were combined and taken by the same interviewer, the head. But they were candidates who had to undergo all these rounds along with 1 or 2 telephonic interviews.

Interview Questions

• A optimization question was asked to me where I applied the summation of A.P. formula and then differentiated the quadratic equation to get the optimized value.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vellore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Vellore) in February 2015.

Interview

There are four rounds and all the four are elimination rounds, besides three are face-to-face interview rounds. Written round(online) --> Case study --> Behavioral --> Job Fit. Be prepared for analytical questions (puzzles,logical questions,...) such type of questions are asked in plenty in all the rounds. There may be a telephonic round as well, before moving to Job Fit round.

Interview Questions

• In the case study interview, questions will be asked from the case study you solved. At first, a case study is required to be solved for around 40 minutes, followed by an interview. They see your approach, than the exactness of your answer/numbers. But, more accuracy is always an added advantage. There may be a telephonic round as well, before moving to Job Fit round.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune) in February 2015.

Interview

It' s a very brief process. ZS will check your ability to think and adaptability under pressure. It doesn't matter where you are from(if you are from off-campus),whats your background, they care your capabilities. But getting into ZS through off-campus is very difficult. ZS generally hires on campus students from top tier Engineering schools.

For off-campus:
    1)They conduct an online exam to test analytical ability, verbal (similar to CAT, but not as tough as CAT)
    2)Selected candidates are called to the ZS offices(Pune or Delhi) for detailed interviews

2.1) Case study round: You will be provided with a business case with few questions at the end. You are expected to answer those questions based on the provided business case, in case you find data insufficient, you can assume to some extent and keep a note of what you assumed and why.
    There will be a follow-up discussion on this business case, just to understand how you solved the questions in it. You can ask any question if you have in this discussion. Your communication and problem solving skills are tested here.
    2.2)Guesstimate round: You will be asked to guess some random number, example: Number of patients admitted in hospitals due to lung diseases in Pune city. They don't expect you to give a solid number.Feel free to explain the interviewee what ever you think is necessary, but make sure to justify what made you to come up with that assumption/way.It tests on how you will tackle when you are in a critical challenging situation.
    2.3) Discussion with senior management: This is one of the best round you can experience. They are very experienced in estimating your capabilities with just 5-10 minutes of quick casual chat. They test your confidence in presenting your self.

Done: You are into ZS
    Note: Every round has eliminations base don your performance.

Interview Questions

• A cube of 10 cm is painted on all of its sides, and cut down into cubes of 1 cm.
      1)What is the ration of cubes with one side painted to that of cubes painted on three sides?
      2)If all the 1 cm cubes are painted with 1 mm think paint and re-assembled, what would be the final dimensions of the assembled product?
      3)what will be the change in volume? (initial 10 cm vs. After painting 1 mm thick on 1 cm cubes)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Gurgaon, Haryana) in December 2014.

Interview

4 tech round and 1 HR round
    basic maths and puzzles , First round is aptitude , second is case study , third is some puzzles or statistics basic , fourth is again same . Fifth I was told would be HR round but turned out he asked me all sort of puzzles and guess estimates . Final round was not grea

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune) in September 2014.

Interview

First an online test conducted by AMCAT. It is fairly easy. After that u are given with a case study question in the next round. After that CV probe and guesstimate and at last an interview with top management, an HR round.

Business Analyst Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates in July 2014.

Interview

Round 1: Simple aptitude test. It contains 4 section : quantitative , verbal, logical and analytic. If you are preparing for exam like CAT you can easily crack it.

Round 2 : out of 400 candidates 52 are selected from 1st round. 2nd round is GD. In which some common topics like "media or politics" were raised. After GD, 34 out of 52 were shortlisted.

Round 3: Behavioral Interview
    Mainly guesstimate round.

Round 4: Case study and Case interview
    General Case studies which are available on vault.com and an interview related to it

Round 5: HR interview
    Candidate who reaches this round has 95% chance to get hired.

Interview Questions

• If you have gone through the detailed interview process via glassdoor or other people experience, then no question is unexpected. But, to handle the pressure of these many rounds in a single day is a difficult part.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.