ZS Associates Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

ZS Associates Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at ZS Associates

3.3

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

It was pretty simple. 3 back to back interviews: behavioral, structured, and unstructured. They got back to me by the end of the day, and HR sent me official packet a week later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ZS Associates

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ZS Associates in March 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from ZS in March who stated they wanted to interview me over the phone after reviewing my resume. After scheduling a time in a couple of days, the recruiter was late. 15 minutes after the interview time, the interviewer sent me an email saying that he was running late and if we could reschedule the interview in an hour. I agreed and continued waiting. When he finally called, it was an incredibly short interview (about 15 minutes). He only asked about basic things about my education, hardly touching on my experience. I spent the majority of time answering the question "What made you pick your majors?" and "Why did you choose your university?". After answering, he just ended the interview. Pretty poor recruiting process in my opinion.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZS Associates (New York, NY (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Was called for recruitment drive at hyderabad. First round included 1 hour case study. 3-4 different use cases were given and we had to solve them accordingly using problem solving skills and database knowledge. Next round included questions about the case studies and resume. Final round was managerial round

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Berkeley, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through On-Campus Recruiting - submitted resume, cover letter, and transcript and was selected to interview. The interview process consisted of three, 30-minute interviews: behavioral, structured case, and unstructured case. It was a very smooth process, and provided a very holistic view of the candidate (myself) and the work at ZS.
    Behavioral: I was asked questions and provided answers that facilitated a conversation with the interviewer. I was then able to ask the interviewer questions I had.
    Structured Case (market entry question): I was given a slide deck printout and asked to draw conclusions and do some calculations regarding the information on the slides. It was very structured (one slide at a time, one step at a time) and the interviewer guided me in the right direction.
    Unstructured Case: I was first asked some behavioral questions regarding my work experiences. The interviewer then proceeded to ask me to walk through the logic and considerations associated with opening a new store in the area. There were no calculations or quantitative data; it was just focused on my thought process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I just received the offer, so am in the process of considering it.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was contacted by HR for a general screening. After that I was invited to first round interview virtually where I answered general resume questions followed by a virtual case problem that I was guided through. I was then invited to interview in person at a local office. This interview lasted several hours and I got a solid feel for the work environment.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Mateo, CA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the campus job board. A couple of weeks later I was invited to a one-hour on-campus interview split into two parts. The first part was a behavioral interview and the interviewer could not have been nicer (typical questions). The second part was a case question and the interviewer seemed pretty bored which was a little offputting, but pretty understanding (helped me clear up misconceptions about the case). I had originally thought this was a technical role (why I don't even know) and I had no prior experience in consulting so the case was pretty rough for me and I was surprised I even made it to final round. I was then invited to an onsite interview (about half of the applicants from the first round). Everyone was extremely friendly and professional and the office is beautiful. One of the employees I talked to said they invite around 40 students to interview, of which about 20 get to the final round, and from there, they take about 5 interns. They take you to lunch with a junior consultant (who had graduated from my university) and another interviewee so you have a lot of common ground and I thought it was a nice touch. In one of the interviews, they have a principal interview you and the interview consists of many leadership questions. Although most of my other interviews had gone well, most of my experience is technical and I have little leadership experience and at this point I sort of knew that this role wasn't a good fit for me and I didn't have a large chance of getting the role. Throughout the whole process the recruiter was also very cheerful and enthusiastic!

Interview Questions

• What is one time you lead a project that lasted several weeks or months?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an e-mail two weeks later regarding my phone interview. Phone interview included a case and behavioral interview, the case focusing on restructuring the sales team of a pharmaceutical firm. Second round interview was in Evanston, and included a more rigorous case interview (left me in a room for 40 minutes with a slide deck, then presented conclusions to an Associate). Second round interviews also included an analytical interview (market sizing), and a challenging behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you restructured a team, and dealt with conflict in the organization.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

First round interview consisted of one case, one behavioral question. The case interview threw me off guard - it wasn't a typical open-ended case, but a series of questions that you can apply your business knowledge/intuition to. Shouldn't be too hard if you come in with the expectation that it isn't going to be an open-ended case.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you adopted an unpopular opinion in a group.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

First round was on campus, the first interviewer who cased me was a little odd, but after talking to him afterwards, he was just pressure testing me and seeing how I dealt with uncomfortable situations. The second part was a behavioral which was great and pretty normal questions all around.

The culture here is fantastic, everybody is smart, friendly and willing to help whenever they can. I chose the ZS offer over PWC, Deloitte and some others primarily because of the clear difference in their values.

Last round was at the office and again, everybody was genuinely interested in getting to know you. It was a tough process (2 cases, a behavioral, a demo and lunch), but they definitely look for and foster top talent.

Interview Questions

• Pretty typical, for example, talk about a time you worked in a group.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

2 Stage Process, 1 Behavioral and 1 Case each half an hour on campus. If you get past that stage then they fly you out for a day of interviews including one or two behavioral, a mini case interview, and a long case interview. The case interviews are not in the style of management consulting in the sense of lots of market sizing, but more math heavy, so be prepared to do mental math.

Interview Questions

• You are given 4 locations to open a store, which metrics would you use and which location would be best?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.