ZS Associates Business Analytics Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Find jobs for Business Analytics Associate Consultant

ZS Associates Business Analytics Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at ZS Associates

3.5

Business Analytics Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

The process is a series of interviews, I believe 3 or 4 in total, depending on whether they split one up or not. In the earlier stages is pretty much simple behavioral and case interview questions, but further down the line the case interviews are a bit more complex. Despite being known for being one of the toughest companies to interview for, I found that the interviewers were a lot more polite and helpful than many that I have encountered.

Interview Questions

• The part of the case study that tripped me up had to do with pharmaceutical sales of a drug and the graph was a bit confusing, I think it was done intentionally. My first instinct was to ask whether information was missing, but it wasn't, the graph was just a bit weird.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ZS Associates

Business Analytics Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Mateo, CA (US)) in December 2010.

Interview

People are very friendly. The interview process began with a phone screener, then two sets of interviews at the office. The first includes a behavior assessment and case study that you walk through with an Associate Consultant. The second consists of a case study in person, one that you fill out on a paper and then walk through with someone, another behavior interview with a principal, and a project demo where you walk through someones project (this is not an interview and is more for your own information but it is important that you ask poignant questions and pay attention to any questions that ask you to recap the information shared with you). There is also a lunch with associates and you can get to know the people and company culture better. I was then called by a principal and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy doing outside of work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You cannot really negotiate it is a standard pay that includes a cost of living adjustment. They provide a moving and signing bonus.

Business Analytics Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied through their career website and was referred internally by a friend of mine. I was contacted within a day of applying by a recruitment manager who set up a time with me a couple days later for a phone interview. When that time arrived the recruiter missed the call. I followed up with my contact at ZS who referred me and he was able to track down the recruiter to reschedule. When we finally had the phone screen the recruiter was great and made the phone interview very easy. It was basic questions about why ZS, why consulting, etc. After the call the recruiter emailed me to set up the next round of interviews (2 behavioral and a WebEx case). I gave my availability but she stopped responding to my emails. I followed up with calls and emails over the next few weeks but was being dodged. Overall I thought it was incredibly rude and inconsiderate. Probably more a reflection on one individual and not the company, but still...

Business Analytics Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

Applied through university, got a email to set up interview. Followed up to a technical interview. Lasted over a spam of two weeks. They require transcripts to be submitted in advance.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about your background. Then a technical interview with screen sharing.   Answer Question

Business Analytics Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZS Associates in December 2011.

Interview

Around 450 students had applied for ZS. People with CGPA>7 were allowed to write the aptitude test. The test had sections on verbal ablility, quantitative aptitude & data interpretation. Around 30 people were shortlisted for the personal interview rounds. Using an HR interview, a case-study round & a team-principal interview, they selected 10 students.

Interview Questions

• In 4 suburbs of Mumbai, how many pizzas are sold every week?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune) in April 2012.

Interview

I was pursuing my MBA from SJMSOM, IIT Bombay and this was my campus placement. I had 3 years of work experience prior to my MBA. My resume was short-listed and I was called for the interview. The rounds were made clear before-hand. The first was a structured case-study and the second round was unstructured case study and third round was final interview process by the Principal

Interview Questions

• The most difficult phase of the interview was the unstructured case study where in a lot of analysis was expected within very less time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was campus placement so there was no possibility of any negotiation

Business Analytics Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

30 min for behavior question, basicly ask multi-task, initiative, key take aways about my internships
    30 min for paper case, caculation is important, not that difficult, basicly about the sales and marketing of one kind of medicine

Interview Questions

• The last question of the paper case is a little tricky, i stuck there for a little while   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune).

Interview

There were 2 rounds. 1st round was a telephonic interview by hiring manager and 2nd round was at their office in Pune. 2nd round was for a full day- with 4 interviews including 1 case study presentation.

1st round was primarily knowing you and understand what kind of projects one has worked upon. Involves explaining 2 projects in detail.

2nd round at pune office had 4 interviews: past projects+stats, personal/behavioral, cultural fit, case study presentation. I think the first interview was important here and next intervieers form their judgement base on this/ and verify that.

Interview Questions

• commonly ask question in case study- what were the recommendations and how did that impacted business?   Answer Question
    • cultural fit: How will you influence others who do not report to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhopal

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Bhopal) in July 2014.

Interview

They first conducted an aptitude-cum-verbal ability online test for all engineering branches. Then they shortlisted 52 candidates which were invited for a Group Discussion in groups of 5 each. Then a case study for 26 students was conducted followed by 3 interviews namely, Data Interpretation, Human Resource Interview and Personal Interview.

Interview Questions

• How many maximum equidistant trees can be planted around the earth (sphere) ?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manipal

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Manipal) in May 2015.

Interview

First round consisted of basic aptitude, verbal and non verbal reasoning with English language a separate section. Then those who qualified were move to next round where interpretation of data was to be done. Do prepare well by solving data analytic questions regularly. Those who qualify this round are then send for P.I where resume based questions are asked and guess mate questions with some puzzles are to be solved. Then final short-listed students are subjected to telephonic interview. Those who qualify are given joining letter.

Interview Questions

• Some bank wants to open a new branch. How to go about it?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.