ZS Associates Business Analytics Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

ZS Associates Business Analytics Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at ZS Associates

3.4

Business Analytics Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

Two interviews in the process. One is by phone, and is done in two parts. The first part is a standard interview (about your education, experience, etc), and the second part consists of a small case study, followed by a discussion of your answers and thought process. the second interview is a day long interview done in the office. You will meet with people at each level (associate, consultant, etc), and it is a similar experience to the phone interview (a mix of typical interviews with case studies thrown in). At this point there is also a written case study.

Interview Questions

• How do you choose between two locations to place a new store   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. I was given a contract and accepted

Other Interview Reviews for ZS Associates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Mateo, CA (US)).

Interview

I have to say this is the most unprofessional interview experience I have ever had.

I applied this position online, and the recruiter emailed me to schedule a phone interview a week after I applied. The interview is supposed to be two parts: behavioral questions and case interview. On the scheduled day, the recruiter told me the hiring manager had some emergency, so the first part is canceled. But I still had the case interview. I waited for around 20 minutes after the scheduled time. Someone finally called me, saying that he didn't have time to do the case interview with me.

So the next day, the recruiter contacted me again to schedule for another phone interview. I waited for 30 minutes. Again, the guy didn't call me to do the case interview, and there was no explanation at all. Luckily, the hiring manager called me this time. He asked many behavioral questions, but you can find those questions online if you have done your research. Then the next week, the recruiter called me, saying that they would not continue the interview process.
    I just lost my interest in this company. Please show some respect to other people. It is not fun to waste people's time, and I won't enjoy working in such team any way.

Business Analytics Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Straightforward and follow the format listed on their website:

First round behavioral+Case interview with 2 people (around 1 hour in total)

Final round Behavioral+Case+Analytics with 3 different people (prepare for 4-5 hours).

Case interview is position-specific. No general case questions (ex: profit went down 20%, why?). Expect simple calculations. Some knowledge of simple sales/marketing terminologies will be asset for non-business background applicants.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult analytically; for non-business background applicants, brush up on some simple industry and sales/marketing terms and calculations   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, very good offer for starting position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Mateo, CA (US)).

Interview

On campus recruiting and final round interviews. There were a mix of behavioral and case interviews, as well as general analyst questions. Final rounds were hosted on site, lasting 5 hours and consisting of multiple interviews.

Interview Questions

• "What would you be most concerned about on your first day of work"   1 Answer

Business Analytics Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates in March 2014.

Interview

I had my initial interview on campus, and then I traveled onsite for the final round interview. I applied for the position through my school's career services.

The first round was two 30 minute interviews -- one all about fit/behavioral questions, and the other purely quantitative/case-based.

The final round was basically a longer version of the first round. It was a half day of interviews -- one behavioral, two technical, and one Q&A session with a current consultant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did something that others perceived as immoral/unethical.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Mateo, CA (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

The first round was an on-campus interview with cases and behavioural questions. The final round was an on-site interview in which I met six interviewers in a row, from junior consultant to head of the office. Overall, it was a simple process. But some of the cases were tricky and made you deal with large numbers and statistics.

Interview Questions

• Cases dealing with massive amount of numbers and charts   Answer Question

Business Analytics Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates in December 2013.

Interview

First round interview consists of a case interview for 30 minutes and behavioral section for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really, pretty straight forward, I was not organized enough during the case and made an algebra mistake. The case was on an interactive computer program which I had never dealt with before but the interviewer was very good in leading the interview.   Answer Question

Business Analytics Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Mateo, CA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Final round interview was a half-day visit on-site at the office. Schedule was laid out beforehand so there were no surprises. The recruiter I was corresponding with really put in care and effort in picking out who I would be interviewing with for each specific part of the day, and I ended up having an almost all-women interview panel! Quite a few of my interviewers had a connection with my university and my engineering background.

I have not yet received an offer or rejection, was told that the result would be coming within a week of my interview.

Interview Questions

• Everything was as expected and as detailed in the communications with the recruiter. Typical questions.   Answer Question

Business Analytics Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates in January 2014.

Interview

Applied for fall cycle; received off-cycle response ~6 months later. Opened with an initial phone screen with HR, followed by phone interview with a manager and a phone case interview with a consultant. Passed that round and was called in to the main office. Main office round consisted of lunch with an associate, fit interview with a principal, written case interview, demonstration from a current BAA, then a final interview with senior staff.

The phone case would have been trivial if I hadn't been nervous and had taken her up on the offer to use Excel.
    The written case was 40 minutes for 4 questions; they were very surprised I got to the end of the 3rd. I would have finished the whole thing but I got sidetracked.
    The final interview was a combo of basic fit interview and a case in disguise. I didn't realize it was a case until fairly far in, by which time I was basically screwed.

Interview Questions

• "You're trying to figure out where to put a Banana Republic. What do you consider for placing it?"
      "You've made $100k from the BR and want to loan it out. How do you decide terms and eligibility for the loan?"   1 Answer

Business Analytics Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates in June 2013.

Interview

Behavioral and short case phone interview
    Half day onsite interview where you meet with 4-5 people at different levels and conduct 40-60 minute behavioral/case interviews. There is also a demonstration of the work with someone at your level.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in life sciences health care consulting specifically?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable. 1 week to accept.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.