ZS Associates Business Operations Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Find jobs for Business Operations Associate

ZS Associates Business Operations Associate Interview Questions

Updated 18 Apr 2019

3.5

167 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Mateo, CA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

1. Phone screen with recruiter
2. 2 30 minute phone interviews with Associate Principal and consultant (1 behavioral, 1 case study)
3. Final onsite interview- 4 interviews (30 minute behavioral with Principal, 40 minute Analytic with Manager, 40 minute demo of project work with Consultant, 40 minute case with 40 minutes of prep)
Not a typical case study interview, difficult to prepare for, just need to be smart and think on your feet.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ZS Associates

Business Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

For the first interview, there was both a behavioral and case study component. I cannot disclose details of the case study, but you are somewhat walked through it and asked questions along the way. Be very wary and look at the data carefully - do not jump to conclusions. The behavioral interview was relatively simple and you should really just know why you want the position, why you are interested in ZS in particular, and be ready to reference your previous work experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Business Operations Associate given your engineering background?   Answer Question

Business Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

1st round consisted of 30 minute behavioral and 30 minute case interview. Case interview was lead by the interviewer walking through slides of data. Interviewee is asked to interpret data and notice trends. Really doesn’t require much preparation beforehand. Biggest questions involve coming up with ways to fix errors in data input (example answer would be to develop a system in excel that looks for data outliers, or data entries that are above a certain threshold, and flag them for review). Behavioral interview consists of normal questions – many of them having to do with how you have participated in and had challenges in group settings. Final round interview was on site at the closest ZS office. The interview day was 5 hours long and consisted of 5 parts. (1) a behavioral interview (2) a case interview much like the one that was presented during the first round (3) a more in depth case analysis where the interviewee is given 30 minutes to interpret a case alone and then 30 minutes to present to interviewer (4) a demonstration by a current associate (5) informal lunch with an associate. Case interviews don’t require preparation beforehand. Again, not really a way to prepare for the case interviews. Overall great company and great impression.

Business Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZS Associates in June 2015.

Interview

Interview #1: Behavioral (Phone)
    Asked questions regarding your experience, how you worked in teams, how you managed working with difficult co-workers. Very interested in how you collected and filtered data. This position is about Business Intelligence.

Interview #2: Case Study (Phone / Screen Share)
    Showed a brief powerpoint regarding a make belief business situation. First slide was a data set that you were asked to point out trends, errors, etc. Next was a slide regarding a process flow diagram he asked that I choose which parts were not necessary to calculate market share. Next slide had some data regarding two quarters you were asked to compare and contrast the two graphs (even though they are different data they cover some of the same time frame).

Key is to show you understand how to break apart data and analyze it for validity and trends. Also be ready to ask intelligent questions and dig into what drives the company.

This is part one. I will post the second at a later date.

(I am an industry professional 1 yr / recent graduate).

Interview Questions

• How would you setup a system that has data entered manually to have less errors.   Answer Question

Business Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

3 week process

First round phone interview:
    1. Case interview: interviewer walked through 8-10 slides, asking questions about the data/graphs on each slide on the way
    2. Behavioral: typical interview questions

Final round office interview:
    Five separate parts: demonstration, 2 cases, behavioral, lunch. Cases were harder than the phone interview and required 20 minutes of preparation

Interview Questions

• One of the cases was difficult in that not a lot of information was given (3-4 slides with little information).   1 Answer

Business Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Missed the initial on-campus interview, so had a phone interview. Simple case questions and behavioral questions. On site, similar. Toughest part was walking through the case with the manager, make sure you go through your thinking process with them so they can steer you in the right direction. Don't try to impress them with buzz words, they'll see through it. Just be logical.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Business Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

I interviewed through campus recruiting. We had a hour first round interview that was two parts -- one was a 30 min case and another was 30 min fit. I interviewed with two different people. The fit interview was pretty standard. The case was interviewer led and based off a packet that they walked you through. Very straight forward. You need to be comfortable with analyzing charts and spreadsheets quickly. Market share is something to very comfortable discussing.

I was invited to the final round in Evanston. Two cases similar to the first round and a fit interview along with lunch and a walk through with a BOA. It was a good experience, and I would have liked working there.

Interview Questions

• They had an "analytical case" that expected you to break down the process of a sales company and resolve management issues.   Answer Question

Business Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates (New York, NY (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

1. 1st round was aptitude test plus online interview which was little bit difficult but manageable .
    2. 2nd round was case study round which had tricky questions and you had to explain your answers in the case interview.
    3. 3rd round was behavior interview . Easy guesstimates but they cross question you on everything you say .

Interview Questions

• you have a project to do for a client in 7 days but now the client wants it in 5 days what would you do ?   Answer Question

Business Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Diego, CA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied via school career fair and was asked to have an on-campus interview with one consultant and one manager. The on-campus interview was total one-hour long, which consisted of half an hour behavioral and half an hour case interview. After a week, I got a phone call as I was invited to the on-site interview. The on-site interview was 5-hour long. I was interviewed with five different people and also included a lunch with some of the associates working there. Basically, the interview was consisted of both behavioral, one mini case study, and one 40min case study. Although I didn't get the offer, it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when there were some conflicts among your team and how you managed to resolve the problem.   Answer Question

Business Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates in August 2012.

Interview

Four stages
    1. Aptitude Test - Math, English, Logical Reasoning
    2. Group Discussion
    3. Behavioral Interview
    4. Final Interview

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.