ZS Associates Business Technology Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

ZS Associates Business Technology Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at ZS Associates

3.4

Business Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Mateo, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had applied online on their website and got a call for a screening interview with the HR.
---the screening process was straightforward from the resume and they just wanted to check if my resume matches the requirement that they have

After a few days i got a call for a first round interview

----this interview was two part telephonic and thru webex

the telephonice round was all behavioral (you can note down the questions asked in this forum to be well prepared for it

the second part was on webex where they give you a case, it was not technical but they wanted basic sql knowledge as normalization and how would u better the data they have provided. it was straightforward.

then i got a call for an onsite interview in San mateo

---it consisted of 3 interviews

Analytical-- it is based on your resume but its more detailed and they want to know how your experience matches with the opening they have....they dive deep into your resume to see if you have that experience they are looking for, so prepare your resume well

the second interview was with a principle and was behavioral( again make a note of all the questions mentioned here they ask from the same lot of questions)

after that i had a lunch with an employee this was casual but you should show your interest about the company and ask a lot of questions.

After that was the main case interview which lasted for 45 mins, they first give you a case and let you go through it for the first 15 mins and then a consultant comes in and asks you questions on that.

tip- learn KPI's for every domain and how would you build reports which will be helpful for the managers to make decisions.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time where the popular decision and the right decision were diffrent and how did you go about it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ZS Associates

Business Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

1st round - HR -> 30mins- Very genuine and straight forward questions about resume, work experience and brief discussion on BTA role/interview process. Amazing HR.

2nd round- Case study -> 45mins- Interviewer gave a case study on sales data ( DB questions- indexing, characterizing etc). they are very concerned about wrapping up the interview in exact 30mins. Amazing interviewer

3rd round- Behavioral interview -> Interviewer had an heavy accent, and was so nervous that interviewer literally stammered while asking questions. It made me so uncomfortable, and sort of threw me off. It did not go well. When I finished talking or stopped to see if we were on same page, there were awkward silences. It was so weird. Worst behavioral interviewer ever! I have done well in all my behavioral interviews including McKinsey. Interviewer asked me basic quests like tell me abt ur leadership skills, talk abt team work, how do u manage a project downtime, etc. Again, interviewer cut off exactly at 29:59 mins (LOL). I saw it on my phone. BTW- this interviewer also checked my linked profile ;)

I did not make it to the 4th round cuz of what I believe the behavioral interview, although, the HR said I needed more technical skills. I did excellent in my technical interview and answered all questions correctly. The 2nd round interviewer was so happy with me.

Business Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Mateo, CA (US)).

Interview

1 : HR Phone screens your resume.
    2: Phone Behavioral and Case study (Case 30 mins prep and 30 min Discussion)
    3: Final Onsite interview. Behavioral, Presentation (Given by company and sample walk through of their work), 2 case studies. (Case study 1: similar to phone case study. Case study 2: More analytical in nature and tests the thought process).

Interview Questions

• I had prepared some case studies in advance so there were no surprises here.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune).

Interview

I applied through university. The overall process took three days where i had aptitude test on Sunday in college and on following Tuesday we had interview at Pune in ZS office. The Aptitude had four sections verbal,quants,logic and attentive reasoning all of which were fairy easy.
    for the interview we had one case study round and then due to time shortage just the behavioral round which had few HR questions.

Interview Questions

• puzzle on two uneven ropes burning in one and calcing 45 mins with it   1 Answer

Business Technology Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

The interview process was divided into various levels.
    1) The first level was the resume shortlisting, in which, out of 500 eligible candidates, 160 were shortlisted, based on percentage at various educational levels.

2) Following that was an aptitude test, conducted by AMCAT, consisting of aptitude questions of English, maths, logical ability and attention to detail. 59 students were shortlisted out of 160.

3) After that, there was a case study, based on concepts of DBMS, SQL queries, and Data warehousing. More details about it can't be provided.

4) Following the half hour case study was a case interview, which went around for about 45 to 50 minutes, where we had to present our answers, based on the case, and also tackle the additional questions, based on the given case, by the interviewer.

5) Following the case interview was a Behavior cum HR Interview, which tested the person's ability to handle stress, various scenarios, estimation and calculation proficiency, and ability to analyze.

Finally, after 10 hours of the process, the final few were selected and congratulated by the team.

Interview Questions

• 1) A table was created and various SQL queries (starting from easy towards tough) based on that.
      2) Based on the Case study, various Logical questions were asked.
      3) Puzzles were asked, which can be easily found on the internet.
      4) How many lights in your college?
      5) How many cisterns in your college?
      6) How many times a spacebar is pressed on a keyboard, on a given working day, in a college?
      7) What significance does your project have?
      8) The faulty balls puzzle
      9) The fastest horse puzzle
      10)The demons and human puzzle
      11) What if we feel that you are important for our company, but you think that it's not?
      12) What is the difference between a consultant's job and a job of a coder?
      13) If you like challenges, why don't you try even bigger firms than ZS?
      14) If I say that you are rejected, what is the first thing that would pop into your mind?
      15) You are stuck in an island and you can order only two things. What things you would order?
      16) The clock and plateau puzzle   1 Answer

Business Technology Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

The hiring process in whole was good. However, a little mismanagement was seen due to the different procedures for different posts. The interviewer was very nice and tried to make me comfortable by asking few informal questions in the beginning of the interview.

Initially an aptitude round by AMCAT.
    A technical and puzzle round with few HR questions

Interview Questions

• During the interview, most questions were pretty basic like how to swap 2 variables without temp and how to form a pyramid of stars. (For both the questions, i wrote c code.) Few questions were asked on Databases as well.
      The tough part basically the case study which comprised of details of DBMS subject and the case study as well. This interview (case study) was one to one and went on for about 35-40 mins.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The package was already decided.

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Gurgaon, Haryana) in July 2013.

Interview

I got a call from them asking for a date I was comfortable to give the AMCAT test. I gave them a date and took the test on the said date.
    After 2 Months I got a call asking me if I was comfortable for 19th of July for the interview, but since I was busy that day they rescheduled it to 22nd.

Case Interview - This round is all about developing a solution to a problem, they will give you some materials to study and you will have to use your problem solving skills, technical and analytical ability to come up with the solution.
    I was given a credit card company problem which faced a a terrible loss in the last 5 years.

Behavioral Interview - This round is all about behavioral aspects and their questions will be directed towards finding out if you will be a good fit for ZS. There are some resume probing and analytical questions as well.

Principal Interview - This round will is very similar to your behavioral round but there were some additional questions on technical and analytical expertise.

The people are really friendly and they will do anything to make you feel comfortable. The hiring process is a bit lengthy but worth a wait. They would arrange for cabs and guesthouses if you are an out-stationed candidate.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the price of an eraser 5 years from now.   4 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune).

Interview

I applied off-campus through their website for the post of Operations Analyst and they instead found me more suitable for the role of BTA.
    After resume shortlisting, my second round was Online test through AMCAT which had a "Eye to detail" section extra apart from the normal verbal, analytical and aptitude sections.

Then I was called for the interview rounds to Pune. All the rounds are one-to-one.

First round was the case study round where I was given 30 mints and a 10-page case printout with lots of tables and data. It had questions printed as well and we had to think their answers for the interview which followed. Although the time isn't sufficient, they don't really care as long as you can oull data from different sources and write SQL queries to support them. It's very
    essential to have some basic knowledge of SQL to clear this round. I was interviewed for about 30 mints in this round.

Second round was a technical-cum-HR round. The interviewer asked me a lot about myself, hobbies and interests and drilled down my resume to the core. Be ready with all the answers and don't give them a whiff of a lie or you'll wonder why you weren't selected.

Due to some reasons, my last round which is the Principal/Partner round, couldn't be completed on the same day. So it was telephonic for me. I received a call from one of their senior partners after 3 days on the time fixed by the HR the previous day. He asked me questions for 22 mints and I was bumped over by an algorithm question! Yet, I managed to answer it.

The whole process was great. They were extremely helpful in all respects and very very accomodating. Those who came from different cities were provided with cabs for station/airport drop and their HRs are very professional. The company's people seemed great.

Interview Questions

• Case study round with 30 minutes time is a bit of a challenge.   9 Answers

Negotiation

Salary isn't negotiable but they did ask my location preference before sending the offer letter.

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune) in March 2013.

Interview

Day 1:
    Call from job consultancy.
    Appeared AM-CAT

Day 2:
    CASE STUDY : Monitoring of Loyalty card program for big retail shop (logically easy but thoughtful process)
    BEHAVIORAL : logical and analytic questions mainly ... guess estimate and few technical
    PI: Same as behavioral round and situation based questions.

Day 3:
    Telephonic round with your Domain head
    Job Offer !!

The Interviewers are friendly, easygoing and will make you comfortable but for result after each round, you may have to wait long.
    Overall Great Experience !!

Interview Questions

• -Understanding the Case Study questions is most important.
      -Some logical questions are difficult   3 Answers

Negotiation

Negotiation was for Job Location

Business Technology Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZS Associates in January 2013.

Interview

Round 1: Case Study. Read a bit of marketing and sales concepts and most importantly DBMS/ PL-SQL.
    Round 2:Technical and behaivior round
    Round 3: Principal interview

Interview Questions

• Easy just don't get nervous. Questions like divide without using operator,number of traffic lights in delhi   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.