ZS Associates Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor.co.in

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sort:

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

Applied on-line, received e-mail about 3 weeks later offering a phone interview. First there was a 30 min fit interview, pretty much just walking through my resume. Then there was a 30 min case question. The night before they sent an e-mail with a bunch of unlabeled charts and graphs. The case revolved around those graphs and I was asked some pretty specific quantitative questions. Like, calculate the 2nd derivative of an equation...I was not prepared. Got a call back the next day (less than 24 hrs) saying thanks but no thanks.

I pretty much blew the quantitative part though so it was not a surprise.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2009.

Interview

I submitted my resume online through their website. It took several weeks and I had forgotten about them when they finally emailed to setup a phone interview. The interview was in two parts 1) a 30 minute behavioral interview. They asked about a time when you worked in a team and it didn't go so well, blah blah blah. 2) 30 minute technical interview. They posed a CS problem and then gave me 10 minutes to do it on my own. Then they called back and asked me Big-O questions about my algorithm and how it would change if some things were modified.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you worked in a team and the dynamic didn't work out so well. Name a time when the project goals were not clearly defined. Name a time when you were overly stressed.   Answer Question
    • Given a list of words, find the word that appears most frequently.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview, basically walking them through my resume, and was asked questions about my experience.

Second interview was a 30 minute technical assessment and a 30 minute behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions was to come up with an algorithm for finding the 5 most common words in a list.   Answer Question

OR Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

2 phone interviews prior to going to the office for in person interviews (4 further interviews)

Make sure you know why you want to be in consulting and why ZS associates. Prepare for case type interviews.

People are extremely friendly. There is opportunity to meet with someone currently in the position you're interviewing for, make the most of it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

Initial on-campus interview which consisted of two parts, a personality interview and a typical case. Second round interview spanned a few hours at the Evanston branch and consisted of a couple case interview, a presentation given by a co-worker, another personality portion, and lunch with an associate.

Interview Questions

• If you were to set up a hardware store around town, how would you go about doing so?   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

Two rounds - case, unstructured case, behavioral, and presentation
    First round was on campus
    Second round was in chicago office

45 minutes to prepare case answer for panel presentation. was challenging but not bad if you are disciplined about your time for preparation

Business Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Missed the initial on-campus interview, so had a phone interview. Simple case questions and behavioral questions. On site, similar. Toughest part was walking through the case with the manager, make sure you go through your thinking process with them so they can steer you in the right direction. Don't try to impress them with buzz words, they'll see through it. Just be logical.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Applied and was contacted by a recruiter in 2 days to schedule phone interview. Had a great phone interview and was told there would be a second interview. Sent a thank you email and no response regarding second interview. It was a negative experience because the recruiter raved about my experience and stated that I would be contacted for a second interview. Don't tell me I would be contacted for a second interview and then receive a rejection email weeks later. That is unprofessional and horrible recruiting.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

3 hour interview with the extended team; met with peers, managers, and HR; was asked everything from tell me about yourself, to what strengths can you bring to the table, to tell me about a time when you experienced a mistake... It was good, casual conversation but thorough. Be prepared and have questions to ask in return

Interview Questions

• How did you prioritize competing priorities?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

My experience was bizarre. In February, I applied via LinkedIn for a position with the Chicago office and was contacted by one of their San Jose recruiters (with two other recruiters CC'ed). The recruiter requested that I provide availability to interview. I gave her a few openings. No response. I emailed again. Nothing. I sent a final email. Nothing.

That's very unprofessional. Fortunately, I'm not without interview opportunities at bigger, better, and clearly much more organized management consultancies.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.