ZS Associates Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at ZS Associates

3.2

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Initially there was a phone call with HR to determine fit then a case interview call and a behavioral call. After completing these interviews there was an in person case and phone interview as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a team project did not go as well as it should have   Answer Question

Data Science Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

The HR scheduled a call and didn't call. I followed up with her. She mailed me after two days that she was Out of office that day unexpectedly and scheduled another call after two days. She DIDN'T call me this time as well. I did follow up again. She did not reply to my email. She was very unprofessional. Without even informing or scheduling call, she called me the next day and set up a technical phone interview with an Associate Principal. I was informed that I would have a half an hour behavioral and half an hour technical round. But the interviewer just went through my resume and asked me about my internship and academic projects. While talking only I realized that they were looking for somebody who has 3-4 years of industry experience in Data Science. I got a reject after one week telling that they don't want a fresher for this role! Overall a bad experience.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Applied and was contacted by a recruiter in 2 days to schedule phone interview. Had a great phone interview and was told there would be a second interview. Sent a thank you email and no response regarding second interview. It was a negative experience because the recruiter raved about my experience and stated that I would be contacted for a second interview. Don't tell me I would be contacted for a second interview and then receive a rejection email weeks later. That is unprofessional and horrible recruiting.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

My experience was bizarre. In February, I applied via LinkedIn for a position with the Chicago office and was contacted by one of their San Jose recruiters (with two other recruiters CC'ed). The recruiter requested that I provide availability to interview. I gave her a few openings. No response. I emailed again. Nothing. I sent a final email. Nothing.

That's very unprofessional. Fortunately, I'm not without interview opportunities at bigger, better, and clearly much more organized management consultancies.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

2 Stage Process, 1 Behavioral and 1 Case each half an hour on campus. If you get past that stage then they fly you out for a day of interviews including one or two behavioral, a mini case interview, and a long case interview. The case interviews are not in the style of management consulting in the sense of lots of market sizing, but more math heavy, so be prepared to do mental math.

Interview Questions

• You are given 4 locations to open a store, which metrics would you use and which location would be best?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

First round two parts, behavioral and case. Both very simple. Had the superday three days ago. A whole day schedule with 5 interviewers including somebody taking me to lunch. It was fun. Didn't get it at the end but generally good experience.

Business Analytics Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied through their career website and was referred internally by a friend of mine. I was contacted within a day of applying by a recruitment manager who set up a time with me a couple days later for a phone interview. When that time arrived the recruiter missed the call. I followed up with my contact at ZS who referred me and he was able to track down the recruiter to reschedule. When we finally had the phone screen the recruiter was great and made the phone interview very easy. It was basic questions about why ZS, why consulting, etc. After the call the recruiter emailed me to set up the next round of interviews (2 behavioral and a WebEx case). I gave my availability but she stopped responding to my emails. I followed up with calls and emails over the next few weeks but was being dodged. Overall I thought it was incredibly rude and inconsiderate. Probably more a reflection on one individual and not the company, but still...

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

3 hour interview with the extended team; met with peers, managers, and HR; was asked everything from tell me about yourself, to what strengths can you bring to the table, to tell me about a time when you experienced a mistake... It was good, casual conversation but thorough. Be prepared and have questions to ask in return

Interview Questions

• How did you prioritize competing priorities?   1 Answer

Business Analitics Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

First there is a brief screening interview. Then a first round interview with a case study component and a behavior interview component. The case study component is pretty basic, they asked questions like "What quantity should the company output" after giving a table of prices and predicted sales volumes. Final round is conducted on-site, a series of four sessions, one case, two behavioral, and on 'get to know what you'll be doing'. Again, the case interview wasn't particularly difficult, you do need to work fast. The behavioral interview is looking to see if you fit the consultant stereotype. Essentially ZS is just another consulting firm looking for just another consultant candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a group experience where you failed.   1 Answer

Consultant, Customer Insights Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Did a phoner with Ashley Gaylord, an HR person. Thought it went very well. Wasn't longer than a half hour. Several follow up emails went without any response. So sick of HR people that can't give you common decency of responding to cordial emails asking what the status of jobs are. How hard is it to write "we've decided to go in another direction." It's a copy and paste!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.