ZS Associates Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

ZS Associates Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at ZS Associates

3.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Two weeks, was contacted by the Hiring team on phone. After initial phone screen, had 30 min online case and 30 min phone interview followed by 3 hour In person interviews

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions, structured and unstructured case   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ZS Associates

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

Fragmented recruitment with long delays between the phases of interviews. During the final round interview in the office, I only met 1 practitioner face-to-face and spent the majority of the time alone in a room (on phone calls). It wasn't enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with difficult clients, describe a time you disagreed with a decision by your team members, etc (mostly behavioral)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online and within a week a recruiter contacted and set up a phone screen. Walked me through the general interview process, compensation, work culture, etc. Quite a nice first impression! Asked for availability for interview and another person from the HR set up the phone interviews and WebEx invite within a week. Second round had two 30min phone interviews. First was a behavioral one with an Associate Principal and then a guided case with a Manager.

Interview Questions

• The ones I remember:
      Only high-level information given to you by your manager. How did you go about doing it through your personal motivation and drive?
      A team moment when you stepped back and let others take the course?
      A time when you were in a team than was not successful in achieving the goal. In retrospect, what would you have done differently?
      Describe a moment when you brought about an organizational change and how did you through your network and connections do it?

The case was on a teen magazine client wanting to improve its revenue stream from its advertising channel (B2B: sales strategy)   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates in February 2018.

Interview

Once contacted, moves quick. 2 Rounds; 1 Phone screen consisting of a 30 minute guided case and 30 minutes behavioral. Straightforward. Second round in office with 3 interviews, un-guided case, written case, and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were asked to do something you didn't know how to do.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ZS Associates in January 2018.

Interview

ZS holds its reputation as the seventh most difficult job interviews by Forbes. The case studies are difficult to maneuver and test your intelligence. Subject matter knowledge is tested as well so it’s important to have a deep understanding of the speciality area you are applying for. The peers, managers and principals all exemplify the company’s culture of collaboration and the interview is a healthy exchange of strategic ideas. Steps involved an initial call with the HR, Round One with Manager and Principal followed by Final Round with Principals and Partners and included a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral, Unstructured Case Study, Subject Matter Interview   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

Disorganized to say the least. When it came time for the in-person interview, it was scheduled two weeks in advance but at the time of the interview, directors and partners that were scheduled were unavailable and had to conduct it via phone or substitute interviewers were sent it.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

Rd 1 - Phone Screen
    Rd 2 - Two, 30 minutes calls: Case and Fit
    Rd 3 (final) - 1 Case, 1 Case ppt, 1 fit, and lunch.

Timing wise, it was a bit lengthy. However, I came as experience hire off-cycle. I applied in Nov --> 1st phone screen week of Thanksgiving, 1st rd in Jan, 2nd in Feb.

Interview Questions

• For case presentation, they give you a laptop with all the info. You have 45 minutes to come up with a solution and create a ppt describing it. A couple things, there is way too much info to sort through --> find a couple key points and begin hypothesizing and digging. Second, learn to create a consultant type ppt. The book Pyramid Principle by Barbara Minto is a good book to get familiar with the structure.

Other questions - typical market sizing. How big is X market (could be stated Company Y wants to launch a product, what is the size of opportunity). Be good with math as the from the size, you my end up walking it through to an eventual ROI which breaks it all down to revenues earned for investment (i.e. R&D costs)   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZS Associates (New York, NY (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

rigorous case based. they give a highly numerical case with lots of data and materials. you have to sift through the data, create a recommendations and then present the slides. other case interviews are more unstructured. they also have a fit/culture round

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

My experience was bizarre. In February, I applied via LinkedIn for a position with the Chicago office and was contacted by one of their San Jose recruiters (with two other recruiters CC'ed). The recruiter requested that I provide availability to interview. I gave her a few openings. No response. I emailed again. Nothing. I sent a final email. Nothing.

That's very unprofessional. Fortunately, I'm not without interview opportunities at bigger, better, and clearly much more organized management consultancies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

There were 2 rounds of online interviews followed by 4 in person interviews. Process is pretty smooth. Once you give the phone interviews, they take 2 weeks to get back. The face to face interviews are pretty tough and involve 2 rounds of behavioral followed by 2 rounds of cases. They bring real life cases to the fore so that you can be judged in real life based situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an accomplishment you are proud of   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.