ZS Associates General Analytics Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

ZS Associates General Analytics Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at ZS Associates

3.8

General Analytics Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

They were very detailed about scheduling and when they would get back to you. Big plus in my book. The interviewers were very friendly and willing to answer any questions you might have. However, when they say they are recruiting engineers, you really need to have a business background or it will not work out.

Interview Questions

• The hardest question was the case study in which you had to do a lot of math computations. Overall it wasnt that hard, you just need a little bit of a business background.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ZS Associates

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune).

Interview

There would be a written test with questions testing quantitative skills of the candidate after which 3 rounds of interviews would be conducted. The first round would be a case study round where a lot of data is given in the form of tables (printed on paper). The candidate would be asked to draw out meaningful conclusions from the data and point out possible data errors. There would be one more round to test the attitude of the candidate (behavioral round). The final interview would be the principal interview (taken by one of the principals of the firm). This may vary from candidate to candidate. Mostly a mixture of behavioral questions + some questions testing analytical skills (noted in the next section)

Interview Questions

• A bell curve was draw on paper (the lower most part of the bell was above 0 (the curve has a y-intercept >0). The y-axis showed sales of a drug whereas x-axis showed number of sales people. I was asked to explain the curve's shape and the logical reason behind it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was a campus interview and so negotiation was not allowed based on campus rules

General Analytics Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZS Associates in October 2010.

Interview

The interview process is very simple. There were two telephonic rounds, one was resume based and the other included some simple basic math questions to solve.
    The next round was at employer's office, 3 rounds of interview were conducted.
    1) Simple case study to see whether you can work with data and get some insights
    2) Fit interview: Conducted by manager and most HR questions were covered
    3) Principal interview: Simple logical puzzle to see your thinking process.

Interview Questions

• Case study: Some data given on warehouse and the location of warehouse was to be decided.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation and the offer made was final.

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Gurgaon, Haryana) in November 2009.

Interview

Comprised of 5 rounds (2 telephonic and 3 in office interviews). Since I have also been on a recruitment drive after that I have seen the process extremely closely.

These guys take their hiring really really seriously!! Each and every question asked has some significance to the final decision and with proper frameworks they make sure that everyone gets a fair chance.

To just satisfy people who think they were deserving but did not get through - they have a policy of erring on the side of safety. They acknoledge that you MIGHT be a fit for the organization, but the dont want to risk other employees if they are not sure about you.

The things they see -

Skill - Analytics - You should be smart. Full stop
    Fit - They try and gauge how you react to certain situations since they want to maintain a healthy work place culture (which they have very successfully managed to do)
    Communications - You should be decent in your communication skills - Since you might be required to interact with clients within 6 months of you being hired.

Hope this was helpful

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not applicable since I was hired as a fresher

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Gurgaon, Haryana) in December 2010.

Interview

There was an initial written test which had 4 problems. Two were on basic quantitative aptitude like time, speed etc while two were verbal, written about the company and your own goals, etc. The second round was a GD in a standard format. After these two short listing rounds people went through three rounds of interview. An HR round, case study and interaction with the office principal.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the number of books sold in the country/amount of paint cans to paint an aircraft...   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

General Analytics Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZS Associates in December 2010.

Interview

There was a written test, followed by a group discussion, a case study interview, a behavioral interview and a final interview with the office principal.

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Gurgaon, Haryana) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview is conducted in a two phase manner - first round consists of phone interview consisting of a guesstimate question or a written IQ test. Those clearing this round head to the personal interview round which is conducted by 3 different people - typically a consultant, manager and the office managing principle. Your analytic abilities are tested along with communication skills. An IQ question based on reasoning is also sometimes thrown in.

Interview Questions

• Given the data on sales force cost and its impact, what should be the optimum sales force size for the pharma company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The company is strict on the pay-package it offers at the different levels

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.