ZS Associates Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

ZS Associates Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at ZS Associates

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

Step 1: Phone interview: 1 hour, 30 minutes technical/30 minutes behavioral. Technical question was: Given a list of words, find the 5 most frequently occurring words. Write pseudocode. The interviewer gave me the question, then hung up and called me back 10 minutes later to discuss my solution. We discussed the runtime complexity, data structures used and their effect on performance, what would happen if solution was modified in such -and-such way, etc.
Behavioral: Basically just asked a bunch of questions. What was your biggest project, what role did you play in this project, what are some difficulties you encountered and how did you solve them, did you ever have problems with team members, etc. Basic behavioral questions. Then was allowed to ask questions. Was told that they would get back to me in a week. I heard back from them to schedule an on-site in Evanston.

On-site: Arrived a bit early, was given a folder with info on the company, benefits, brochures, and other miscellaneous things.

When the time to start the interview arrived, I was escorted downstairs for a demo with one of the software development team members. They went over the various technologies they use and what products they are making. This lasted around 20-30 minutes. At the end there was some time to ask questions.

Then I was taken to a conference room and given a packet with 3 software engineering problems and told to do two of them. I was given 45 minutes alone to work on them. The first problem was: Create classes to implement windows and visible regions of overlapping windows. The second problem was algorithmic: Given a grid of black and white cells, find the biggest connected black square. The third was related to database models; I believe it was to create an E-R diagram for some business. I decided to do the first two; however, the first question was actually a bit vague, and the instructions I was given were confusing, even when I asked questions. It turned out to be more of an algorithmic question of finding out if some region is visible, instead of just creating class structures. Because of this I did poorly on the first problem. The second, I was able to develop a pretty good algorithm for. After the 45 minutes is up, a manager comes in to discuss your solutions with you, and you have a chance to ask questions.

I then met with the department manager for a behavioral round. This guy seemed like he wasn't enjoying the interview at all, like it was a huge chore for him. However, I answered the questions as best I could. At the end there was a chance to ask questions.

After this, I went out to lunch with another member of the software team. We had a nice conversation while eating sushi. After lunch, we headed back to the office for wrap up where I was told I would hear back in a week if they were interested. Didn't hear back though.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ZS Associates

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview, basically walking them through my resume, and was asked questions about my experience.

Second interview was a 30 minute technical assessment and a 30 minute behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions was to come up with an algorithm for finding the 5 most common words in a list.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2009.

Interview

I submitted my resume online through their website. It took several weeks and I had forgotten about them when they finally emailed to setup a phone interview. The interview was in two parts 1) a 30 minute behavioral interview. They asked about a time when you worked in a team and it didn't go so well, blah blah blah. 2) 30 minute technical interview. They posed a CS problem and then gave me 10 minutes to do it on my own. Then they called back and asked me Big-O questions about my algorithm and how it would change if some things were modified.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you worked in a team and the dynamic didn't work out so well. Name a time when the project goals were not clearly defined. Name a time when you were overly stressed.   Answer Question
    • Given a list of words, find the word that appears most frequently.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

Interview process was divided into 3 parts, the first was the technical round wherein questions asked were related to OOPs, the second round was the case study round where in we had to provide the solution to a case and the answers were discussed along with the logic behind it. The final round was the behavioural study round, kind of like an HR interview

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Round0-3 coding questions (To test coding Skills)
    Round1-2 design questions out of 3 testing our optimization in coding and data base management techniques
    Round2-Technical questions related to OOPS, Data Structures ,DBMS and SQL

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

An online test was conducted. This test included an AI-based video interview questions. Selected students then proceeded for the case study round followed by personal interviews.
    After the interview, the selection or rejection was announced immediately. Physical rounds were conducted in college premises itself.

Interview Questions

• How many traffic lights approximately in your city?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhopal

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Bhopal) in August 2020.

Interview

Online coding test consisting data structures and algorithms questions.
    The Case Study round consists of three problems and interview for case study.
    Then technical interview round on technical skills like data structures and algorithms and programming languages and concepts of database, computer networking .
    Then HR interview.
    Then

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions on tree and graph data structures.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Hyderabad) in August 2020.

Interview

zs came to our campus for hiring , process took 2 days,first round was technical containing 3 questions they are pretty easy. after clearing this round few people were shortlisted second round was case study given 2 cases we need to make case study.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates in December 2019.

Interview

Technical interview questions will be very easy ,but taking input was main problem. Since,input format was not be mentioned as regularly,. (I used Getline function )

Interview is quite long process,being patient is the most important thing .It consists of 1 case study ,3 technical,1 hr round .there isn't much importance about hr round.

Interview Questions

• Question were based on oops, DBMS,data structures

But main importance was given to case study   1 Answer
    • 2)an oops model was give and i was asked to write the code   1 Answer
    • 4) Question based on hasing ,it was also easy when you find out it is hash problem   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZS Associates (New Delhi) in August 2019.

Interview

There were 3 rounds. The first round was Technical Round. It was followed by Case Study Round. The last round was Behavioral Round after which the results were declared. It was a hectic one and the difficulty level was average.

Interview Questions

• They asked Data Structures,Algorithms, Object oriented Concepts, System Design, Database Management System related questions. You should be clear about everything mentioned in your resume.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.