Zalando Interview Questions in Berlin | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Zalando

2.8

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zalando (Berlin (Germany)).

Interview

I applied online and a few days after I received an email inviting me to an interview with the HR. The process consisted of 2 phone interviews (the second one was supposed to be a hangouts interview, but they forgot to send me the link), and a third interview at their headquarters in Berlin which lasted for around 3 hrs. At the last stage I was interviewed by the HR member (who had also interviewed me the 1st time/phone call), by the line manager (who also interviewed me the 2nd time/phone call) and by the departmental supervisor. In total all the three interviews lasted for around 5hrs, which is way too long.
    During the 3rd/last interview which took place in Berlin, it became clear to me that the departmental supervisor hadn't read my CV, had no idea about who I was or my background and although I am not sure, I think he had mistaken me with someone else who was possibly having an interview with them that day. In general he seemed to be quite hostile and unfriendly, making stupid comments during the interview and having a very ironic smile on his face. Luckily the line manager and the HR member were very friendly and relaxed.
    Halfway through the last interview, they announced to me that there is an internal candidate and it kind of became clear that he was going to get the position, and they were considering giving me another position which of course was a junior one. Just like someone else mentioned here, I cannot understand why they put me through the process if they knew they were going to offer this to another candidate.

I have to mention that during the whole process they seemed really eager to give me the position (they showed me the offices, introduced me to the other team members, they explained the current and future projects, showed where my office will be, etc). Because I didn't want to let them down in case they wanted me to start asap, I decided to have my passport renewed (because there was a lot of traveling involved in the particular security position), and I also started looking for a flat in Berlin. They called 2 weeks after the interview to tell me that I didn't get the job because I didn't have a lot of crime-analysis experience, which is the lamest excuse they could have given.

Did I feel valued? Absolutely not!
    Will I be applying again? Definitely not!

My advice for Zalando: Be transparent and ethical! Plus, those who apply for your positions are also your customers, so you need to treat them wisely.

My advice for those applying: I would advice you to save your time and apply to another company where you and your time will be valued. However, if you decide to carry on with the application then you need to ask questions from the beginning, for example:
    Is there an internal candidate?
    What is it that you like about my CV?/ Why do you think I fit in this job position?

Partner Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Zalando (Berlin (Germany)) in May 2020.

Interview

The process was quick in the beginning, really well organised. I had 3 interviews, one each week. After the final interview the Recruiter told me that they will get back after 2 weeks. I wrote them to get an update after two weeks, I followed up again, I did not receive any answer. Really disaapointed. Taking it as no but it is really unethical that they fail to give you feedback even after continous follow up. In the end, I feel like I wasted my time in all the 3 interviews which is a lot of effort only to be ghosted in the end.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very relevant to the job profile.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zalando (Berlin (Germany)) in April 2020.

Interview

Interview process consists of 7 stages: 1) Codility 2) HR 3) Hiring Manager - behavioural 4) General Tech 5) Hiring Manager - technical 6) Coding 7) System Design.

General structure of all mentioned interviews and what to prepare well described in Cracking Code Interview book, as well as similar interview structure have bigger IT companies like Google, Facebook and etc.

Interview Questions

• Coding: Leetcode-like Medium and Hard problems can be expected as a challenge.
      System Design: add additional components and explain how they will act in existing ecosystem.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zalando (Berlin (Germany)).

Interview

Initial 30 min video call. 2 persons from the team the role was with were to be interviewers, one was present. I had more relevant experience and skills, (and reported previously to heads, worked with directors in a few finance manager/senior professional roles etc) than the person interviewing me really. There was one interviewer only instead of, as initially planned 2, what made the process very subjective and prone to someone's likes and dislikes. That was not a professional approach I expected. The process should be more adequately resourced for interviews to avoid subjectivity and a person with more experience and skills being interviewed by less experienced. In that sense that was a joke process to me. Not going to apply if the process is conducted in the way I described and experienced.

Interview Questions

• Motivation behind applying to work in Zalando and in the role.   1 Answer
    • How your experience fits with role and whether I have worked on systems implementation /process improvement projects.   1 Answer

Head of Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zalando (Berlin (Germany)).

Interview

I applied online directly from Zalando's career site. I was contacted by HR and had a video call shortly thereafter. Then I was booked in for a 2-hour onsite interview with another head of product and the hiring manager for the role.

After the onsite interview I expected to hear back from the HR business partner, but I never received any feedback. However, no one from Zalando got in touch. I emailed once a week for several weeks, but never received an update on my application. It's now been over 4 weeks since that interview, so I'm assuming I'm no longer being considered.

It's incredibly unprofessional to bring people into the office for a lengthy interview and then never get back to them with at minimum a templated rejection email.

Interview Questions

• By the head of product I was asked very detailed questions about a machine learning type project I had run several years back, and by the hiring manager I was asked more technical questions about APIs and working with engineers. The conversations were reasonable for the role, though perhaps a bit narrow in focus.   Answer Question

Customer and Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Zalando (Berlin (Germany)).

Interview

This was the most unethical work experiences I have ever experienced. After having a successful interview for the first round (the HR told me herself) the company went radio silent for months despite constant reminders sent to them. I finally received a rejection via a phone call exactly one week before Christmas at 8am. Reason? Someone else in the company was willing to upskill herself to fit the position. Never again!

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zalando (Berlin (Germany)) in February 2020.

Interview

I had really a good experience!The selection process lasts for at least 20 days because you have 4 steps; but it is the usual duration for this type of positions. The people were available and precise with the selection process.: really reliable!

Interview Questions

• 1. first call with HR (30 mins) : questions about my background, experience and motivation

2. coding test (2 hours): SQL, python and statistical analysis

3. video call with the hiring manager (45 mins): the goal was to describe the role and see whether it would fit the expectations of the two parts. Also questions about how I approach a project in the past and different steps I decided to take and their related timing.

4. onsite interview (3 hours): the first hour was about soft-skills questions. The other 2 hours, the interview covered statistics, sql, python exercises and at the end also a case study.   Answer Question

IT Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zalando (Berlin (Germany)) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview was good. They asked me tell me about my self and asked technical questions . How would i contribute . after 2 days i got confermation for the selection

Interview Questions

• Technical Question ?
      Why you would like to join zalando ?
      And be prepared for technical questions.   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Interview

The overall interview was 3 hours long with back-to-back sessions with multiple interviewees. Everyone was perfectly courteous and professional, but I could not help but get the feeling that the interview was just a ploy to gather information from the outside. I was told to work on a case study to figure out a "fictional" scenario at the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would use data to determine what kind of training programs to implement?   Answer Question

Android Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Zalando (Berlin (Germany)) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online, the process took 3 months. It was a very long process:
    1. Codility
    2. Phone interview with one of their engineers
    3. Phone interview with HR
    4. Phone interview with Hiring Manager
    I could not proceed beyond.

Interview Questions

• It is not fair to share the interview questions, just be honest with your abilities.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.