ZapLabs Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

ZapLabs Interview Questions

Interviews at ZapLabs

2.5

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZapLabs.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter about the internship program and then had a phone interview with a data analyst on staff. The recruiter was great and very professional, but, unfortunately, the second interviewer called 20-minutes late and conducted a sort-of disjointed interview with a lot of syntactical questions about Python, R, SQL, and some questions about statistics. I heard back about a week later via email that they would not move forward with me.

Interview Questions

• Why would you use a t-test?   1 Answer
    • How would you create a plot in ggplot2?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZapLabs.

Interview

I applied the Java Developer Intern through school's job website. The response is extremely slow. I got response after 2 months from the day I sent the resume. The HR is really careless and really hard to get. He sent me email to ask my availability. I sent him back immediately and no information back. After two weeks, he replied back and ask me to reschedule the time, and when I replied him there is no response... So I give up this company since I just feel like it plays around you.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ZapLabs (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

I was called for a phone screening then scheduled for an online coding interview a few days later. The interviewer was polite and asked several questions about statistics and a few easy/average coding questions.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZapLabs (Emeryville, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied then received a request for a phone screening. The phone screening was normal and proceeded to a technical interview with a Senior Data Engineer at Zaplabs. In the technical interview, he asked questions regarding BST's and Baye's Theorem.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in management?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZapLabs.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process. It started with a 45 minute phone interview going over my resume and a simple coding question. After that, I was invited for a three hour onsite round. The phone screen was alright, but the onsite was pretty eye opening for me.

Most of the interviewers were really unprepared, and didn't seem to know what to ask me. The technical coding questions were extremely easy. The senior engineering director of the company doesn't understand how big O works. She thought O(2n) couldn't be simplified to O(n). In another round, a senior engineer didn't really understand how BFS worked. Overall I got the impression that this is not a place I would have enjoyed working at, and I wouldn't really have the opportunity to learn a lot.

Interview Questions

• Can you get as much technical depth being a full stack engineer as someone who specializes in either backend or frontend?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZapLabs.

Interview

Phone call with recruiter then a one hour technical interview consisting of simple JS and CSS questions and shared-screen challenges. Questions were VERY basic. Technical interview went without much difficulty, analogous to fizz-buzz.

A week later, I was told me I missed a question so they were rejecting me. I don't remember "missing" any questions or the interviewer even mentioning such. All in all, a waste of time.

I wouldn't invest much interest in this interview as it seems largely arbitrary with subpar engineers asking basic questions to determine if you're a "real" engineer.

Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZapLabs (Emeryville, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

3 rounds: 1 behavioral & 2 technical interviews. The process was very smooth and efficient. All of my interviews were off site (phone calls and Google hangouts), so it was very convenient for me. The recruiter was very friendly and organized. Overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a binary tree (left to right)   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZapLabs in March 2018.

Interview

I received email saying they were interested in my resume. Was not very responsive for about a week, and slightly disorganized during the phone screen but very nice nonetheless.

Android Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ZapLabs in March 2018.

Interview

I applied for the Android Engineer Intern through ZapLabs's company website. Their response is extremely slow. After completing the online coding challenge, the recruiter contacted me for a phone screen, I was then contacted again after a whole month. A whole month of nothing, then I had two phone interviews, the interviewers were very nice and had good experience with interviewers. But HR seems very inefficient at getting back to people about the hiring process and status. The whole process took about 2 months, and even now I am sure they have hired someone, they still have not gotten back to me about not choosing to move forward with the process. But it is okay, I have already accepted a better offer elsewhere. Good luck hiring and retaining talents with this screening process.

Interview Questions

• Object Oriented Programming   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZapLabs in January 2018.

Interview

Had no qualms with these guys. Actually from talking to the team it sounded like a great place to work and I was a little disappointed not moving forward. I'm a little rusty interviewing and probably whiffed too many of their technical questions. I was treated respectfully, kept in the loop, and the process proceeded in a timely manner. Anyway, good luck.

Interview Questions

• Lots of SQL problems/puzzlers.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.