Zendesk Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Zendesk Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Zendesk

3.1

Account Executive Interview

Interview

phone>onsite interview>presentation. Super behavioral, they just wanted to see if they can vibe with you more than anything. It was a little weird because you feel like you came there to hang out as opposed to a real professional interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Zendesk

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Phone calls with a recruiter and 2-3 peers of similar titles, then interviews with Manager and Senior level manager (Director). And then some more words to meet this minimum GD is requiring me to meet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your experience in high-tech?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

Super simple and fun! Just the HR process that took so long.

1) Phone interview 15 min
    2) another Phone interview 10 mim
    3) Im person interview in the office 1h
    4) Product Presentation in the office + interview 2 h

Interview Questions

• To do a product presentation.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

They reached out to schedule a phone interview which conversational and informative. Then I had to schedule a demo of the product with a sales director, followed by an interview in person with the COO, Director, VP and Sales Ops Director. I fell in love with the opportunity and was hired within the week!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straight forward, kind of like the sales team overall :)

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2019.

Interview

Extremely bad communication around the process. Before the interview at the Zendesk office the recruiter ignored me for a long time before finally coming back to me. After the interview they broke a promise on when to update twice and showed zero pro activity. This is a shame because the actual interview was quite good despite one of the interviewers being 15 min late. There were no irrelevant classic interview questions but it was me doing a demo for them. Feedback on that was positive and relevant.

Interview Questions

• Start a trial on Zendesk and demo the product to us like we are customers.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zendesk (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2019.

Interview

Overall fine. Come prepared on general knowledge about the business. Come prepared on general knowledge about the industry. Its a growing company. culture looks good. Waiting time was long. Diversity and inclusion is important.

Interview Questions

• Come prepared on general knowledge about the business   2 Answers

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk.

Interview

Very efficient and fast, the hiring manager and the recruitment head is already there so the process was fast. It was also straightforward and casual. The hiring manager was my old client so it was a bit easier for me.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zendesk (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted via email on 12/7. by an HR from Zendesk regarding to the job offer. She was kind, we had a short call on the 26th of June because of holidays, then I have been passed to the second round to talk with the sales manager. It was on the 04/7 and had a friendly and great talk with the sales manager. I have clearly stated that I am happy with my current job, but it doesn't supposed to take long to have a talk about another opportunity so I wouldn't mind going forward with them. I couldn't be more wrong.

After this, I was forwarded to the 3rd round of interview. I was supposed to have a 20 minutes sales presentation with screen sharing, pitching their product to the sales manager as a "role play". This was scheduled on the 11/7. After preparing, on the same day, the manager wrote an email to reschedule to 12/7. I agreed. The next day, he not just didn't show up, didn't even write a message or answer my call. After 40 minutes waiting (plus preparation) I managed to reach one of the HR person and was told not to wait more. Apparently, it was an emergency with the manager's pet. We rescheduled to the 14/7. Here, we had a technical problem, that I wasn't told that I need a headset for voicing (naturally I thought we use phone) and the program they recommended didn't allow to join with phone voicing. It was a technical issue. We rescheduled to 15/7. I did get my headset, but after 10 minutes of waiting by our appointment time and after I called several times this manager, I received a message about another pet emergency, so he asked to reschedule. We rescheduled to the 20th and finally made the demo presentation. I was naturally nervous, but it was an fair talk and the manager was polite. I was promised to get feedback in 2-3 days, max. 6 working days.
    After 1,5 weeks, I reached out to the HR manager and by the next day I received an answer on the 02/8.
    The process since contact and finish took almost 8 weeks with tremendous stress, fustration, missed calls, ignored emails and without any feeling of taken seriously after they have reached out. I never felt this disrespected while I put at least 10-15 working hours of preparation and rescheduling. I wonder how do they plan to hire "top" talents while they provide this kind of service for future employees?

The worst possible experience that I ever heard of.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.