Zendesk Customer Advocate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Zendesk Customer Advocate Interview Questions

Interviews at Zendesk

3.8

Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Zendesk (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Was very informal and I had no idea what the company was or wanted. Went in honest and wanted a fresh start with a new career. I applied and did not hear anything for 5 months and stared within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• oddly I was interviews by 4 team leaders.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Zendesk

Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

I submitted my job application and cover letter via Jobvite. I heard back only a few hours later directly from the Director of Customer Support as well as one of the Customer Advocate Managers. They seemed very eager to talk. I did a short phone interview with one of the Managers, then was told that they would reach out to schedule an on-site interview.

I heard back from the next day, and they asked me if I could just pop by to see the office and see what the company was all about. I didn't realize it was an actual interview. But it was quite casual. I met with the Director of Customer Support, Manager of Level 2 Advocates, a Level 2 Advocate, as well as the Manager of Level 1 Advocates. The surprise interview went well, everyone was very friendly, cordial, and very professional.

I heard back later that day, they wanted to set up a second interview with their COO. Which I happily accepted, and scheduled something for the following week since he was out of the office for the remainder of that particular week.

Interviewed with the COO, had done some research on his past ventures. Had a good talk about what I was passionate about, what I wanted to do as far as growth with the company, etc.

By the end of that day I received a very excited email that they were extending an offer, which I thought was very generous.

Interview Questions

• What are some challenges you have had to face (but didn't have to) and how did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was more than fair. They definitely pay above market, in my opinion.

Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zendesk (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2019.

Interview

The first interview was telephonic.

Second interview on site.

On site interview is split in two parts.

First part is a detailed conversation with a higher manager about experience, skills and technical aptitudes. Second part is with two team members or a team lead.

I had to prepare in advance a demonstration of their product in 10 minutes and write a language test based on customer experience in 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Why did you choose this role?
      What recommends you for the role based on your previous experiences?
      What would your previous manager say about you?
      How does the web chat functions in the background?   1 Answer

Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (London, England (UK)).

Interview

None of the telephone screeners that will speak to you are in any way technical, so you will get away with showing them a wordpress site and passing it off as your own.

What do you know about Zendesk?
    Can you explain what a trigger/macro/automation is?
    Explain a time you delivered great customer service?
    Explain a time you were under pressure?
    What is your career goals in the next 5 years?
    Any experience in HTML/CSS/Javascript?
    Any email experience?

If you get through the telephone interview the next step is usually a demo of a part of the product. They are impressed if you go out and integrate say JIRA with Zendesk (pretty easy there is an article on their forum how to do it and its plug and play so no excuse for not spending an hour to get it done if you want the job). You will be expected to talk through it.

If you get through that then usually you will have a skype or face to face with the team members. Here I cannot offer advice as the questions could be absolutely anything. Some people ask you tough questions and some just treat it like a casual chat in the pub.

Interview Questions

• What is your career goals in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do your research on what the market average is in London using payscale.com

They will give you a number under the market average to kick things off.

If you have another offer on the table they will counter as they are significantly behind on headcount.

If you speak another language (dutch, russian, german, french, spanish) they really need that.

To give you a benchmark no one in advanced support (tier 2) is getting over 33K, and no one in extended support (tier 3) gets over £38K.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.