Zendesk Customer Success Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Zendesk Customer Success Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Zendesk

3.3

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Zendesk in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview only -- no experience with any face-to-face interviewing. It went about 30 minutes and I was asked very standard phone screening questions - including what I was used to making in salary.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Zendesk

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (Madison, WI (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application online via Jobvite and quickly heard back from a recruiter about setting up an introductory call. The introductory call involved a brief conversation about my past experience, an overview of the position, and chat about Zendesk's culture. At the end of the call, the recruiter encouraged me to sign up for a free trial of Zendesk and scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager.

I had the phone interview with the manager within the week. The phone interview entailed a more in-depth discussion about my past work experience, about the position, and about Zendesk's culture and future direction. On the call, the manager alluded to an onsite interview, but we did not schedule anything.

After several days and one follow-up email, I was contacted by the recruiter to schedule an onsite interview in Madison. I was told that the onsite interview would include five 30-minute interviews with various team members and a mock project kickoff/high level product demo. I received an email with a mock SOW and description of the scenario.

I used my free trial of Zendesk to learn as much as I could about the product. I also used the mock SOW to create a high level project plan for the project kickoff scenario. I spent about 4-5 hours preparing for the demo scenario.

My onsite interview was scheduled for an entire Thursday afternoon. Two days before the scheduled interview, I was contacted by the recruiter and asked if I could come in on that Thursday morning instead. I was able to accommodate the change, which allowed for 4/5 of the interviews to be conducted face-to-face instead of via Skype with team members who are typically based in San Francisco. The demo scenario was a challenging, but only lasted about 20 minutes.

The interview went well and the following Monday I was contacted by the hiring manager. He told me that they were putting together an offer. Two days after that I was contacted by the recruiter and given a verbal offer. I received the written offer the next day, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary during the verbal offer process.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zendesk in July 2013.

Interview

Met with a recruiter that asked standard background questions, why you are looking at opportunities with their firm, and experiences that can relate to the role. Recruiter was forthcoming and followed up shortly that I was overqualified for the role and suggested a more senior role with the firm. The HR dept communicates well which is helpful in a job search.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.