Zendesk Customer Support Advocate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Zendesk Customer Support Advocate Interview Questions

Interviews at Zendesk

2.6

Customer Support Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zendesk (Madison, WI (US)).

Interview

Too many interviewers. Had 4. None of them were specific about the job. It is a call center. They should just say it how it is. Two team leads dropped F bombs...and one cussed more than he actually described the position. Not impressed with the level of professionalism. Like at all.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing that concerns you about the position?   Answer Question

Zendesk Response

26 Feb 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you did not have a positive experience. Four interviewers is very common for this role - which is very much not a call center job! We do apologize for any offensive language that was used and would be open to talking to you more about it. Please reach out through your recruiter.

Other Interview Reviews for Zendesk

Customer Support Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview process took about 2 weeks - a phone call with HR and the interview onsite.
    On the phone, the HR made questions about experience, behaviour questions as "Tell me about technical case you had and what troubleshooting steps you took". She also described me the role and gave information about perks in the company.
    For the onsite interview I had to prepare a presentation of the platform for 20 min. The interview took 2 h without break. In the first hour I was talking to 2 team leads mostly about the role - how I understand it, why I want to get it. You can easily find lots of information about the role and platform in their blog and using YT videos. There were also questions about my experience, after this we moved on to my presentation. Then, I was given a a written test for 20 min to check my native and English language.
    The second part of the onsite interview seemed pretty odd to be as I was interviewed by 2 peers for about 30-40 min. As the main goal of such talk was to understand whether we fit each other, I expected more relaxed conversation. Instead, I was the 3rd time asked questions regarding my experience and "tell me about time when you had a technical case". At the end, I didn't have time to know more about the peers themselves and ask them all the questions that I had.
    In a few days, I received an email telling me that they wouldn't proceed with my CV. The HR phoned me later to share feedback on what went wrong - the features I suggested weren't complex enough (I would like to mention here that the position is not technical although they ask for technical experience) and that I didn't demonstrate enough interest in the role as I was asking about a higher role and how fast the promotion in the company is.

Overall, the whole process of the interview was good, there wasn't any questions that would make you feel as if you were at an exam. The HR was pretty fast at replying, the atmosphere in the office was friendly, and I enjoyed the fact that feedback was shared with me.

Advise for the company:
    -Please, change the way of the interview with peers. I was also interested in understanding if the team suits me. I didn't have time to know them better, to ask all my questions. Also, I don't really get a reason for the 3rd interview with the same questions about my experience, that were made by my potential colleagues.
    -The position is pretty basic, so for most interviewed people questions about promotion would be expectable, otherwise they're not interested in staying in the company for long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about technical case you had and what troubleshooting steps you took?
      Presentation on the platform 20 min + features to improve   1 Answer

Customer Support Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zendesk (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

A few days after applying I received an email from HR to schedule an initial phone interview for around 30 minutes. This call was very easygoing and there was just general questions about my experience and what I done in previous roles that would apply to this role. At the end of the call, the interviewer said she would like to setup an on-site interview in the next couple of days.

Before the onsite interview I was sent a task by email to setup a demo account on Zendesk and to find out two or three features that I liked about the software and then to talk about these for about 10 minutes during the onsite interview. I had this demo with two of the senior managers within the company and they we had a 40 minute interview talking about my experience and how I'd fit in within the company and any qualifications I had. All questions were pretty straight forward. After this there is a 20 minute written test and then there is another interview with two customer advocates. The chat with these was a lot more informal and laid back.

After this I was sent one more task by email to use their software to setup certain features and then had a video call with one of the senior colleagues where they changed some of the settings of your program and you had to troubleshoot. This was again pretty straight forward and not too difficult.

That day I was sent another email offering me the job!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about previous roles where you had. difficult customer and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Customer Support Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

During my job search I came across a company that I will never forget and where I had by far the best experience in every aspect one could gain in this exciting and challenging period of looking for the next adventure in work and life. I went through the whole interview process which was truly a great pleasure, I enjoyed every single step equally. I had the honour to meet the Zendesk team, this very special team with all the amazing managers and employees I talked to. Every one of them was extremely friendly and still professional so I could absolutely be myself and act naturally - Zendesk just felt like home, the environment and the people. On the top of that, I can proudly say that I had the best recruiter ever, others can only dream about. Seán proved not only his professionalism but also humanity in a way that no one else did whom I met during this half a year. I was treated by him and the entire team in a beautiful way, very personal, receiving valuable instructions and a constructive feedback and that always in a timely manner that was so much appreciated.
    Unfortunately, the opportunity with them came for me in a time when I was not able to start a journey with them for different reasons.
    But Zendesk as a company with its recruitment and community team definitely landed for me on a very special place with an experience that cannot be compared with anything  else, and a piece of my heart will stay with them for sure for now.
    Maybe one day there is still future for me and Zendesk...

Interview Questions

• Usual interview questions, tell us more about your previous experience etc...   Answer Question

Customer Support Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zendesk (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position through online. A few days later, the recruiter invited me for a phone interview. I was offered to select my preferences for the day and time for the interview. It was a nice system that they use. I think the interview went okay. He promised to give me the answer for the next hiring process until the following week, but he didn't. I was really disappointed he didn't give me any response at all.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Zendesk?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.