Zendesk Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Zendesk

2.8

Director, Marketing Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

They reached out to me 7 days after i submitted my CV on their website. We set a phone interview to go over my resume and see if there is a match to the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself
      Why do you want to leave your current job and way now?
      Please share the toughest decision you had recently   Answer Question

Senior Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zendesk.

Interview

The interview process was fluid. I met with several team members including the hiring manager and all went well. I was scheduled for 2 more interviews when suddenly I receive a note from the recruiter saying they have decided to move on with another candidate. As this was a surprise I asked the recruiter for feedback on my interviews so that I can better understand what Zendesk was looking for in a candidate. Never heard back which is very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you worked with a difficult client?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I had a good phone screen with recruiter who said they wanted to set me up for a call with the hiring manager. I was to expect an update in the next few days, definitely before the end of the week. After following up with the recruiter, they went radio silent. I thought the interview went well initially, but to be disrespected and regarded, especially after being referred over, I'm over it this company. No wonder their ratings on here are especially low. Good luck- if recruiters treat candidates like this, they must be under mad pressure or irresponsible or careless--which reflects the culture and work environment (along with the type of people they hire). With that, I'm over it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a campaign you did and what were the results?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zendesk.

Interview

Got the initial screen by the recruiter. After I told the recruiter what I hoped to accomplish at Zendesk, she recommended me to another role but thought I had good enough experience to be eligible. At the end of our call, she said she was going to consult with both hiring managers of both teams and said she'd get back to me. Meanwhile, she asked to send her 30 minute availability for the next week. She never responded back to any of my emails. It was so unprofessional that she led me to believe that I was moving on to the next step. Also, if the hiring managers didn't feel I was worthy of moving on to the next step, a courtesy decline email would've been nice.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Zendesk? What are you looking to accomplish? What are your salary expectations?   Answer Question

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

I think this has been one of the worst interview processes I've been through. The first call with the recruiter went well and he wanted me to talk to the hiring manager. We set a date for the call - she failed to show up and nobody bothered telling me she needed to reschedule. I understand things change, and so I thought it wasn't a big deal at the moment and rescheduled. Phone interview with hiring manager went well. Next: homework assignment and onsite interviews. First interviewer at the onsite? Doesn't show up! And again, nobody bothers telling me until 10 mins into the interview time when the recruiter finally shows up to tell me that the person wasn't available because he was in London. You would think the recruiter would've know the person was in London and could have told me not to show up at 9 am. I went through the rest of interviews and presentation. The hiring manager tells me she really liked my presentation and wants to move me to the next step, which is a round of interviews with two VPs. We get those scheduled for 10 days later. So, given my experience with interviewers not showing up, I email the recruiter to confirm the interviews one day before. Radio silence. I email the coordinator. Nothing. I finally decide to go to the interview, and luckily the two interviewers did show up. Interviews went great. The recruiter tells me he'll let me know either way within a few days. It's been 2 weeks and I haven't heard from them. The recruiter hasn't replied to any of my two emails. I'm left wondering if this is a reflection of the company culture.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zendesk in June 2018.

Interview

I had a phone screen followed by a technical phone interview on Zoom, using a live code editor. The interviewer didn't seem knowledgeable about the position I was interviewing for. Her questions focused on SQL, what are RDBMS views, how are SQL tables indexed behind the scenes... rather than ask about the tools listed in the job description; Elasticsearch, Solr, and Lucene.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Fairly standard process, including a phone screen with HR, video call with hiring manager, and two on-site interviews each with 3 or 4 interviewers. Everyone I interacted with had a very positive energy and was conscious of my time. They seemed to genuinely want me to have a positive experience. Interviews included a variety of situational/behavioral questions and plenty of time for me to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle program with cross-functional participants?   Answer Question

Associate Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (Madison, WI (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied in the beginning of May and received an invitation from a recruiter a few weeks later for a phone screening. I was originally scheduled to have an interview after my shift at my current job, but the recruiter contacted me last minute to reschedule it on the following day during my lunch break. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. I briefly described my current role/duties, my experience using Zendesk (I currently use the software at my job), and why I wanted to work for Zendesk. The interviewer also explained the basic functions of the job and the salary/benefits. I should also note that the interviewer also stated she could not hear me very well from my phone, and I got the feeling that maybe she did not fully hear my responses.

I received an e-mail the following week that I was not chosen for the job. I followed up requesting feedback on my application, and the interviewer told me that they chose another candidate with more experience for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Zendesk?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zendesk.

Interview

I'm not sure what the regular process is supposed to be like, but I was contacted by a recruiter who kept on scheduling me for times when I said I wasn't available and then calling me at unscheduled times. And then I never heard back despite being told a time when I would.

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Got a questionnaire from HR and after that, a zoom interview was set up after a week. It was coderpad interview and went well. Got positive feedback from the interviewer and was told to expect next round call in next week. But heard nothing from HR for next 2 weeks. And finally got reject stating selected another candidate. After few weeks again got an email from HR stating that they reopended the position and were asking if I am still interested. I went ahead with them and got an onsite interview call. 3 rounds - 2 coding and 1 system design.