Zendesk Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Zendesk Marketing Interview Questions

Interviews at Zendesk

2.7

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zendesk.

Interview

I'm not sure what the regular process is supposed to be like, but I was contacted by a recruiter who kept on scheduling me for times when I said I wasn't available and then calling me at unscheduled times. And then I never heard back despite being told a time when I would.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Zendesk

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zendesk (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Honestly not sure what to think of the [short] interview process. The interviewer didn’t ask any hard-hitting questions and I thought the 30 minute call went somewhat well. I would say it was tough to judge my fit with that one call. Here’s what I didn’t like—had to email the recruiter twice to see what was going on. A week in a half later she decides to reply saying they aren’t moving forward, and didn’t bother to reply to my request for some feedback. Whenever that happens it comes across as your time not being valued, and that’s what I expect from a recruiter. Seems like a solid company though, and I would interview again if the opportunity arises.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter week 1
    Phone interview with hiring manager 2 days later
    Phone interview with another member in Sr Management 2 days later
    Onsite interview (company covered travel planning and expenses) week 2
    Video interview with Marketing Executive leadership week 3
    Offer extended week 4

The most professional, transparent hiring process I've ever experienced. Their process was executed to ensure an exceptional customer experience. It's great to see a company that actually practices what they preach!

The recruiter kept me updated and quickly answered my questions throughout the entire process. The hiring manager was very responsive and helpful as well. Its evident the folks at Zendesk value their candidates.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was very smooth and quick. I applied early May. By mid June I had done a phone screening, a phone interview with the hiring manager and an onsite interview with an associate, two managers and VP of finance. My recruiter was very prompt in her replies and everyone was super friendly. Did not get the job but love the company for giving me an amazing interviewing experience.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Initial phone call with recruiter, followed by another phone call with the hiring manager and finally two interviews with the hiring manager and a colleague. The process was super smooth. Everyone from the doorman to the receptionist to the hiring manager at Zendesk were very friendly and helpful. People genuinely care about you.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

2 phone screen interviews (with the HR and hiring manager first) followed by 2 rounds of in-person interviews with multiple people each round. I appreciated the thoroughness of the interview process and the timeliness of communications from Recruiting in Human Resources. Confirmation emails were clear in direction and guidance for parking, public transit, etc.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a successful campaign/initiative you ran.
      Tell me how you deal with difficult people.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zendesk.

Interview

I think they're a great company but the recruiting team is really disorganized. I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview, responded to the email and never heard back. I followed up a few days later, and still nothing. 2 weeks later I received an email from the recruiter saying they were going to offer the job to someone else (why reach out/ tell me that?) but decided not to so we scheduled the phone interview.

The interview was great and the recruiter said she would schedule an interview with myself and the hiring manager and gave me a tentative date. I never heard back, so I followed up and still heard nothing. On the tentative date the hiring manager gave me a call out of the blue for a phone interview. I was caught completely off guard as the recruiter didn't respond to my outreach and never confirmed the interview. Needless to say I was ill prepared for this sudden interview while I was in the middle of a working at my current job and was rejected from the position a few days later.

Don't get me wrong, I think Zendesk is a respectable company and I have heard great things from people who worked there, but I am completely turned off from the lack of communication within recruiting.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk in October 2018.

Interview

I'm not a recruiter, but this experience certainly ran contrary to most best practices in that field. I'm almost unsure if this was even an ethical process. It was very demoralizing and disappointing - certainly not honest. Every step of the process was cancelled, re-scheduled, or in some cases, simply never completed.

For starters, the internal recruiter reached out to me and asked me to apply for the position. Then after a number of communications back and forth (I had to continually advise that I was out of town on a business trip and couldn't meet), we settled on a time for a call. The recruiter did not call me at the scheduled time, and reached out the next week to re-schedule. I then was given an interview with the hiring manager for this position and had never been informed that this was a video call until after the call had begun, and the other individual asked to see my face.

I was then invited on-site for an afternoon of four interviews with several people, all of whom were incredibly friendly. The tone was casual and enjoyable. On the walk out of the building, the recruiter indicated to me that they "loved" me (specifically including the name of the director whom I would have reported to) and that I would definitely hear back by 3:00 pm (at the latest) the following day with a verbal offer. That did not happen. I normally do not expect such feedback, but when I receive it, I generally would think it means something other than just hollowness.

A week and a half drug by, and they invited me to a final interview as they wanted to "move forward" with my candidacy. I was to be available THAT DAY or the following day. I cleared my schedule, replied and indicated I'd do anything to make myself available. I emailed a few times asking, and then that final interview piece never took place. They just ghosted me.

The part where they were "excited to move forward" never materialized. I don't even know what "moving forward" meant unless it was simply that I sat waiting for more time. The following week, I received an email from the recruiter that the team "decided to pass" (those words) on my candidacy and invited me to apply for other positions. I have an extremely specific skills set, which was a fit for this position. If this wasn't a fit, nothing was going to be at the company.

Again, the recruiter initially reached out to me and asked me to apply. I am unsure why they sought me out so that I could go through this process and accomplish nothing.

This is the first time I have ever posted any feedback on interviews online. Employers are typically gracious and respectful, even when I am not offered a position. I've simply never seen anything like this. Lastly, I had two other offers from other companies during this time that I chose to decline based on the positive feedback I was receiving all along the way from the recruiter (specifically the part where I’d get a verbal offer the following day). I realize that was my choice, but it’s worth noting here.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be part of this team? Tell me your backstory (mostly softball questions), conversational and casual conversations. "Tell me about a time you solved a problem" etc...   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.