Zendesk Solutions Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Zendesk Solutions Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Zendesk

2.0

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn to see if I was interested. I was upfront with her in saying that I was interested in zendesk but may no longer be interested in a sales related role. She informed me there could be a lot of growth in the long run so I agreed to a phone interview. After a call in which I was aggressively asked my salary requirements, I was brought in for a final round interview at the office. Assuming there would be huge growth opportunities in this role, I agreed.

The interview itself was painfully easy. One interviewer simply wanted to know if he could get along with me. Another spent the whole time talking about the role itself. The third person gave me a verbal "we want you in this job" statement. I figured I had this job in the bag.

A few days later I was asked to interview with some other leadership in the sales department. At this point, I've only interviewed with men (zendesk, where is your diversity?). It took me 3 emails to the recruiter to get this final interview setup. I was asked 4 questions in the interview and then said he was done. I then took the opportunity to ask him several questions in return. At the end, he told me someone would be in touch within 2-3 days.

Fast forward two weeks and no response. Zendesk had ghosted on me, in typical Silicon Valley fashion. I decided to reach out to the initial recruiter and received an "oh! Sorry! I forgot to tell you! We decided to hire someone else but everyone loved you and we'll interview you for a similar role when it opens up!" Wow. Seriously? You waste my time, drag this out, I'm given a verbal offer in the interview and then you ghost on me? What on earth makes you think I would interview again given this experience?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Zendesk

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

- Screening call (week 1)
    - Meet my Director (week 1)
    - Onsite interview with a demo presentation (week 2)
    - Offer (week 3)

The onsite interview included 1:1's with my director, my manager, a sales manager, and a sales executive.

Your choice of demo. Know the company, the values, explain why the product is awesome, demonstrate the value. Understand integrations, how APIs work, show that you have technical aptitude and can cater your demo to the needs of your customer.

Interview Questions

• What challenges would you expect to face if you were going against one of our competitors like an Oracle or a Salesforce for service cloud in the Utilities vertical?   1 Answer

Solutions Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zendesk in January 2020.

Interview

Short call with the recruiter, two longer Zoom calls with the hiring manager (more like a conversation) to know each other better. Focus on how you work today as a Solution Conultant around deals, demos and SaaS

Interview Questions

• How you work on deals in your daily life?   1 Answer

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zendesk (Berlin (Germany)) in December 2019.

Interview

Recruiter reached out through Linkedin. Requested to schedule a call. The call was scheduled but the recruiter cancelled twice 5 minutes before the start. Promised that will reach out with new options for a call, that was a month ago. Complete radio silence. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• When asking for a call; Are you available next week at all? (twice)   1 Answer

Solution Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zendesk.

Interview

Long process and recruiter very slow to respond. First round of interview was with another Solution Consultant, very basic interview. Second round was with an AM, SC and Hiring Manager in which you have to deliver a presentation and solution recommendations followed by a product demo to the customer (Zendesk).
    Advise: if you don't want to waste your time confirm and re-confirm that the interviewers are available and have accepted the meeting at the time agreed by the recruiter and yourself.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Zendesk?
      Questions about your past experience.
      Questions about the presentation you are giving.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.