Zomato Manager Sales and Marketing Interview Questions

Updated 19 Sep 2015

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7 of over 341 interviews

Applied online14%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zomato (Sydney)

Interview

Lots of rounds of interviews, felt positive when I completed each of them. Although there was definite disorganisation in booking the appointments and meeting the appointment times punctually. The office was really disorganised and loud music was playing...although the music was not the issue for me. I didn't like that the red accents in soft furnishings weren't matching. It looked really pulled together on a budget when it had been explained to me that there was $400 million investment being made into australia. There is plenty of room for improvement. Everyone I met was lovely...it was what I read about the culture that made me reevaluate Zomato as an employer.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about Zomato?
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zomato (Sydney)

Interview

I applied for the role and was called in for an interview. Was a pleasant conversation on the phone, just an initial phone screen. I arrived for the interview and was asked to "go sit down". This upset me and I was already nervous and now uncomfortable. The office was a mess - stuff everywhere, disorganised and no real planning. People seemed to be working anywhere and everywhere. A girl next to me worked on her laptop and said they don't have enough space and have to sit on the lounges. Overheard an employee using expletives/ rude on the phone and complaining about expenditures in the organisation,to which I later learnt he was the CEO of Operations in Sydney. Hearing about financial issues being discussed openly and unprofessionally made me less hopeful for the interview and doubt business continuity. I was not pleased to know an individual like him was in charge. The interview was standard sales questions, nothing difficult. She would not tell you much, most answers were vague. However I think this was the recruiter's knowledge rather than organisation. Some questions were very personal in nature. I was constantly interrupted when answering questions. Could not get a clear picture of the commission.

Interview Questions
  • Typical sales questions: Why Sales? Past experience? How would you lead a inexperienced sales team? where do you see yourself in a few years? what are your salary expectations?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zomato (Pune) in Jan 2014

Interview

The interview is three stages 1) Group Discussion There are two GD's. One to do with a real life issue and the other about an imaginary situation. If you clear it, you are called to the next round. 2) Personal Interviews A panel will sit you down and question you about your general interests, interests in the company and reasons for applying for the job. They will also throw logical, math based and analytic questions to test your preparedness and thinking ability. It doesn't matter if you get the correct answer or not. They just want to test your thinking. if you make it through this round, you move to the next and final round. 3) Skype round (final round) You have a 20-30 minute skype interview with a recruiter where they ask you similar questions. If you make it through this round, you are in.

Interview Questions
  • There is an island which has wind blowing from west to east. There are cliffs on all sides. a fire starts on the west end. How will you protect yourself?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Zomato

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zomato in Nov 2013

Interview

they took a gd and then two rounds of interview in which we were asked to seel an object describe ourselves etc.

2 people found this interview helpful

Zomato

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zomato

Interview

Initially there was a basic IQ test in the form of a Sudoku, followed by two GD (which was an elimination round) which was followed by three rounds of personal interviews, in which your selling skills were tested.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Zomato

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Zomato

Interview

GD, On topics related to restaurants or food or night life.. Interview questions was why sales ? tell us what you know about zomato? Who are the competitors of zomato? Situation based questions

Interview Questions
7 people found this interview helpful

Zomato

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Zomato in Dec 2012

Interview

First was introduction and behavioral round where they selected many candidates. Next, we had a group discussion (GD) where they selected very few students for the technical round. The topic of the GD was generic and required no special knowledge. I think the interviewees were looking for candidates for assertiveness and communication skills. In the technical round I was asked to sell my phone, this lasted for an hour. Final was an HR round with administrative questions.

Interview Questions
  • How would sell you phone? Which project did you like the most etc
7 people found this interview helpful