Zurich North America Underwriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Zurich North America Underwriter Interview Questions

Interviews at Zurich North America

3.1

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I had interviewed twice in the last two years for two different positions. In each case, I was contacted by a Zurich recruiter and had interviews scheduled rather quickly. The first position I interviewed for, I did not hear anything back so after two weeks I reached out and was told they're still in the interview process. Another two weeks or so passed and I noticed the job was taken down. I asked the Zurich HR person and she immediately replied they went with someone else. That was overall a professional experience.
Fast forward to about six months later and I was again contacted by a Zurich recruiter and had an interview set up. After the interview, I sent for a status update about two weeks later and heard nothing. I sent another email about a week after that and heard nothing. I then contacted the person I interviewed with and she told me they were still in the process. I waited another two weeks after that and contacted the Zurich HR person (different person from the interview for the other job), and again, received no response. This was a poor experience for me and left me wondering why I wouldn't even receive a response.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Zurich North America

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Had a phone interview that was very personality and behavioral focused. Then had to take a skills/IQ test online as well as a personality test. After which was the in person interview. In person interview was with the direct hiring manager. About two hours long. And then I had an offer the following week.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a one on one Informal interview to get to know more about the company. It allowed me to see if I was a good fit for the organization.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR, followed by an interview with the hiring manager and colleagues. The hiring manager screens candidates using the interview with HR. Depending on the answers you give and your Resume, the HM decides whether he wants to meet with you in person or not.

Interview Questions

• No specific questions. Managers wanted to know who I was and what I was capable of. The main question was: how do you organize yourself?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Application, Interviews, Aptitude and Personalty test, Background check. I interviewed with 5 people within the department which gave helpful insight to their different perspectives. Overall the process was long but very informative.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Process takes too long

Interview Questions

• None - just long periods between interview steps in the process   Answer Question

Found a better company to work for. Worried about the culture/reputation of Zurich and having that on my resume.

Underwriter Interview

Interview

meet with local manager first, if local manager recommends, you will meet with senior staff - regional H.O. managers in Owings Mill, MD. If the ok is received from H.O. hiring manager can make the final call.

Interview Questions

• In general they want to know how well you know your market/territory and agent/agency relationships you bring to the table. Organization's market awarness is very high.   Answer Question

Negotiation

win win

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

I received a phone call from the corporate recruiter about my online application. After a basic phone interview, I went in for a 1:1 interview about my resume and what the job would consist of.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the insurance industry and why do you want to a job in it?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America in August 2009.

Interview

The process began with a screening through the HR department. The call went well. We confirmed items in my resume and my overall experience level. I passed the test and within a few days was contacted to set up a phone screen with the hiring manager. That interview went very well. I was contacted within a week of the call to go to the office and meet the manager in person. At that point we discussed the job and its requirements more specifically. That interview went very well, it seems, and at this point I am waiting to hear the result. Overall, the interview process has been a good experience.

Interview Questions

• No unusual questions. The more difficult ones were probably my approach to similar risks I have underwritten in the past, but this was not a problem.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.