Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions in Bangalore, India | Glassdoor.co.in

Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions in Bangalore

3,408

Senior software engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Classix 2 eggs problem . * You are given 2 eggs. * You have access to a 100-storey building. * Eggs can be very hard or very fragile means it may break if dropped from the first floor or may not even break if dropped from 100 th floor.Both eggs are identical. * You need to figure out the highest floor of a 100-storey building an egg can be dropped without breaking. * Now the question is how many drops you need to make. You are allowed to break 2 eggs in the process

6 Answers

This is a BS question to begin with bc gravity will max the egg's speed out at 9.8m per second, whether it be the 1st or 100th floor. BUT, I know what they are intending to ask... The answer is 14. n(n+1)/2

9.8m/sec^2 is the acceleration due to gravity, not velocity. No falling object can ever achieve terminal velocity, as you incorrectly stated. Secondly, although your answer is correct, your formula is wrong. The general form is ceiling[ (sqrt(8n+1)-1) / 2], with n = # of stories.

use first egg to reduce the problem half size and then use second egg progressively to find answer. 100/2 then 50/2 then 25/2 then 13/2 then 7/2 then 4/2 then2/2 but while you start start dropping in reverse order from first, second...

Given the daily stock prices of a share during last 30 days, write a program to find out best buying and selling dates for maximum gain. The program should run with O(n) complexity.

4 Answers

After Round 2 I Asked Interviewer How he would Solution for Above mentioned Q1 & Q2 questions of the Round 2 Technical Interview. Very Smartly Interviewer Did not take any effort to answer and also told me find it out by myself :)

Find 2 or more missing numbers in a set of 100 natural numbers

6 Answers

How to remove a element from a single linked list a 3rd element when only the reference of it is given.

2 Answers

How did you deal with handling various ppl within the team

2 Answers

How many design patterns you know and list them

2 Answers

What is the test process followed by you? Write pseudo code for fibanocci series? Not much technical questions.

2 Answers

In third technical round the interviewer asked me to write an algorithm to sort an array of integers which has only tow values 0 and 1 without using second loop and with best possible time complexity.

2 Answers

They were not sure what to ask actually. I found the interviewers like school kids. Hardly 1-2 yrs experienced people.