Barista Interview Questions

When you are involved in a barista interview session, employers might ask you questions about how you communicate with customers and colleagues. The interviewer will want to assess your problem-solving skills and listening abilities since both are vital in dealing with frustrated customers.

11,568 Barista interview questions shared by candidates

Top Barista Interview Questions & How to Answer

Here are three top barista interview questions and tips on how to answer them:

Question No. 1: Describe how you deal with irate customers.

How to answer: This open-ended question allows you to convey how you utilise your problem-solving skills. It is important to convey that even if you fulfilled the customer's specific order, the customer is always right. Prove your communication skills by working closely with the customer to remedy the situation.

Question No. 2: What are the best and worst speciality coffee drinks you make, and why?

How to answer: The interviewer will assess your familiarity with speciality coffee drinks and what makes them good in your opinion. Show confidence and humility when describing your strengths as well as your self-awareness and willingness to improve your weak areas. Emphasise your knowledge of coffee drink terminology and understanding of layering.

Question No. 3: How do you handle the stress of being a barista?

How to answer: Although many jobs are stressful, working as a barista involves fulfilling orders in a high-pressure environment. The interviewer wants to know how you deal with particularly stressful situations. Provide key examples of how you handled stress in the past and perhaps how you were able to work more productively since it might work as a motivator to you.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance|Popular|Date
Costa
Barista was asked...30 June 2022

What customer service experience do you have

1 Answers

I had previously worked in retail so explained this experience and where for.

Sharetea

What does the word "fair" mean to you?

Starbucks Coffee Company

"Could you tell me about yourself?"

Starbucks

Why do you want to work at starbucks?

Co-op

What are your goals for future?

Starbucks

What is your experience working with the public?

Starbucks

Give a scenario you've been in where you've dealt with an unhappy customer.

1 Answers

I answered in a weird way because this is a topic I had already branched onto in a previous question and I didn't want to sound repetitive so I had to make something else up on the spot. Less

Starbucks

They asked about my availability, how I would handle conflict, working on a team, and why I wanted to work there.

Starbucks

Do you have experience with customers?

Target

Why do you want to work at Target?

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11,568 Interview Questions

See Interview Questions for Similar Jobs

crew membersandwich makercafe managerhost hostessrestaurant server