Business analyst Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor.co.in

Business analyst Interview Questions in Boston, MA, US

business analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Wayfair is going to send 2 different catalogs to their customers. One of the catalogs costs 50 cents to make and is 50 pages long. The conversion rate for the catalog is 5% and each customer brings in 315 dollars. The second catalog costs 95 cents to make, is 100 pages long and each customer brings in 300 dollars from it. The profit margin is 30%. What should the conversion rate for the second catalog be to make at least the same amount of profit as the first one. After you find the conversion rate for the second one, there is a second part of the problem. Wayfair is planning to make a new catalog which is going to cost 10 cents more than the 100 page one. The more expensive catalog is going to be sent out to 20% of the customers while the remaining 80% are going to get the 100 page one. Assume the same 30% profit margin and 300 dollar profit from each customer. What should the conversion rate for the new catalog be in order to receive the same profit at the end?

3 Answers

Why doesn't the 20-80 percentage matter? It does affect your catalog costs.

Is it because of the 80 percent of the customers receiving the cheaper catalog canceling on both sides of the equation?

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

A 'hammer and nail' cost riddle question which was a bit weird to ask during an interview that had nothing to do with the role.

2 Answers

Tell me what you know abt Enernoc and the name of products and what do the products do ? What solutions do we provide ?

1 Answer

Why should I hire you, what can you do for the company. I was asked by the support personal.

2 Answers

How will you manage a difficult client ?

2 Answers

only asked about stuff on resume

1 Answer

What kind of analyzing project you do at university? What is the data size? How you analyze it ? You find what from the analyze?

1 Answer

Why is there an employment gap of 9 months on your resume?

1 Answer

They really didn't ask me direct questions, more of leading me to speak about myself.

Tell me about yourself