Research analyst Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor.co.in

Research analyst Interview Questions in Boston, MA, US

1,132

research analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

You are playing Russian Roulette and you have a 6-barrel gun and there are two bullets in the chamber (lying consecutively in the chamber). I fire one shot at myself and no bullet comes out and then hand the gun to you. Are you going to spin the barrel and shoot at yourself or shoot from where I left it? (assuming you do not want to get shot)

3 Answers

Answer: goodbye, I don't want to work with people who ask such a question.

Would spin the barrel where your chances of getting shot are less: 33.3% (2 out of 6 chambers loaded) versus 40% (2 out of 5 chambers loaded). Tough question, especially for an intern position.

If you spin the barrel, it's a 33.3% chance you get shot. However, there are only 4 ways that the first person could have been spared. In three of those ways, the next barrel will be free, but in the final one, the next barrel will be loaded. Thus, taking the next shot would leave a 25% of death, so the correct answer would be to take the next shot.

what is the influence to R square when more independent variables are added to the regression model

3 Answers

Let X and Y be random variables with standard deviation a and b. What are the bounds of Var(X + Y)? Pile of 100 coins, 99 fair 1 double heads. Pick random coin, flip 10 times, get 10 heads. What is the probability the coin is double headed coin? Dice sum games.

2 Answers

You're on a plane..no access to information source...size a particular market in the x geography.

What is your plans?

2 Answers

Why is the Linnear regression model the best linnear unbiased estimator?

1 Answer

Why was I leaving previous job?

1 Answer

Suppose there is a series of 100 light bulbs labeled 1 through 100 that all start in the off position. Person 1 walks in the room and turns on every light bulb. Person 2 walks in the room and flips the switch on every 2nd light bulb (i.e. he turns off all even numbered light bulbs). Person 3 walks in the room and flips the switch on every 3rd light bulb (turning some on and some off). This process continues until person 100 goes through and flips the switch on the 100th light bulb. Which light bulbs will be lit up at the end?

1 Answer

What part of your experience would be the most valuable for the present opening?

1 Answer

How do I handle rejection?

110 of 1,132 Interview Questions