Senior software engineer Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor.co.in

Senior software engineer Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

senior software engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

A few other questions like what is CORS, delegation, do I have a styling standard.

4 Answers

I answered these, I explained why I like BEM etc.

I also explained that córa is cross orogen resource sparing and is a way of setting http headers to restrict access to resources. I also started explained how it could help against csrf and started going into tokens. I feel it may have been unecessary. I felt as if the interviewers thought I confused those two so I probably should have gone with a shorter answer.

*cors *cross origin resource sharing

What's your salary?

3 Answers

Given a very long string composed of numbers as characters, find the four character substring that has the largest multiple. For example, given the string "809723", the two char substring with the largest multiple is "97", having a multiple 9*7 = 63.

4 Answers

Write a function to return the nth fibonacci number. The first two can be assumed to be 1 and 1. The third and fourth are then calculated to be 2 and 3.

3 Answers

Give an algorithm to find the kth largest element in an unsorted vector of integers.

3 Answers

We have data that gets loaded once a week. With that in mind we have an application that clients enter search data in to and then SQL has to dynamically build a statement that has 25 different data points/relationships. It works fine, but takes upwards of 30 seconds to return the data to the client. You can not change the existing schema, but you can however add to it. Indexes are already present and optimized on all the different tables. What could you do to make this process much faster??

2 Answers

A software application to be designed for the financial client

2 Answers

How would you write a program to move inside a square spiral? Start at the upper left corner of the square and walk its edges clockwise. Just before re-approaching the upper left corner, spiral into the square instead, ultimately arriving at the center of the square.

2 Answers

Write a function that determines if two strings are anagrams.

What is the tnsnames?