Software engineer Interview Questions in Cincinnati, OH | Glassdoor.co.in

Software engineer Interview Questions in Cincinnati, OH, US

software engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Explain what functional programming was, its benefits, downsides and why I thought it was useful or not.

3 Answers

Question came up due to my mention of being a Scala developer as my main language. Started with the basics of FP being immutability and evaluating things as pieces to a larger algorithm just like math. Continued on with pros, use cases, personal opinion and some cons.

What all programming questions did you get in that HackerRank test?

You didn't ask what kind, but what all, therefore its seems like you're asking specifics. And if you have to ask specifics then you probably need to re-evaluate things

You work in a factory that manufactures balls. One day one of the balls manufactured in a group of eight is slightly heavier than the rest. You have a standard scale with which you can weigh the balls. How would you go about finding the defective ball in the least amount of weighing attempts possible (maximum of 2 attempts).

Difference between Heap and Stack

3 Answers

Find the seed of a number. Eg : 1716 = 143*1*4*3 =1716 so 143 is the seed of 1716. find all possible seed for a given number.

2 Answers

What is your favorite excel function?

Basic PHP questions, Jquery howto's

1 Answer

What is your preferred working environment?

1 Answer

What's the latest and greatest thing you've done.

1 Answer

Describe the largest ISD project that you had to work on.

1 Answer

3) I asked the interviewer: "What will be the first important task that you would need the person you are planning on hiring to accomplish?" 4) I asked the interviewer: how do you see this role supporting you in this project.