Deck Cadet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Deck Cadet Interview Questions

Deck cadet interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

round 1: what is Doppler effect? how does the air blows? how are tides formed? what is Archimedes principle? what do you mean by the term buoyancy? what is the chemical formula of washing soda? what is the general formula for alkenes? what is the mechanism for flying of a airplane? (a+b) whole cube? what is cos(a-b)? explain gravity is maximum on poles or equator and why? round 2: tell me about yourself? what are your weakness? what is your passion? tell any 5 states of north america and south america? tell me about your family background? why you want to join this company? why you want to join merchant navy? how did you came to know about our company? have you applied for any where else for sponsorship?

1 Answer

They 1stly ask My name , Fathers Name, Father's Occupation, Height in Cm and Feet, Why do you want to Join MSC or merchant Navy, Share Something About you, Strength ,Weakness , why should we Heir you. 2 interviewer - What is Deck cadet, Marks in 10th, Newton 2nd and 3rd law , Law of Flotation.

Online Test 1 (for PCM and Reasoning) 100 questions - 2 hrs. Level - very easy, involving only a few numerical questions. Preparation - Prepare the entire syllabus (pdf) of Deck Cadet entrance exam which is provided on the AEMA website. No questions will be asked out of the syllabus. Most questions are based on the theory of topics listed in the syllabus. I mostly used Arihant's Encyclopaedia of General Science for main preparation and NCERTs for reference. Reasoning part is also very easy. You can use Reasoning books of CDS or SSC CGL exams for preparation (if required). Maths was mostly simple Arithmetic with basic Geometry and Trigonometry. Online Test 2 (Psychometric Test) 240 questions with no specific time limit. Objective questions (simple questions based on day-to-day life) like "Have you ever felt that your life is not meaningful?" will be asked to analyze your personal traits. Read the questions carefully and then answer them. Many a time they'll ask the same thing using different words, to confuse you. Do not get affected. This test is also very easy. Finish this test to obtain your results and proceed to the Interviews. After the results are announced by the staff, they'll give you a Bio-data form. (Name, Qualification, Father's Name, Mother's Name, Address, Contact Details, HOBBIES, EXTRA-CURRICULARS, etc.) Fill out the form neatly and carefully as the non-academic questions in interviews will be based on this information only. Along with this form, you'll be given 2 sheets to write 2 essays. Essay 1 Statement of Purpose, 300-400 words, no specific time limit. Question: Why do you want to join the Merchant Navy? Write in about using the following points: What motivates you to join the Merchant Navy? What value would you add to Anglo-Eastern Group after you are selected? What duties and roles would you like to hold onboard? What is your career plan in the Merchant Navy? Where do see yourself 5 years AND 10 years down the line? How do you plan to cope up with the feeling of homesickness that eventually arises in this profession? Essay 2 Any topic like that of a GD, 300-400 words, no specific time limit. My topic was "Compare India's recent growth with the other countries of Asia" Interview 1 Mostly academic, (Ex- INDIAN NAVY Commodore) After going through my Bio-data form and essays... Tell me about yourself, family background, why do you want to join Merchant Navy? Explain the career plan (with duration of each course) of a Deck Cadet through DNS. Academic questions: 1. How does an aircraft fly? 2. What is the principle of floatation? What is Archimedes' principle? How does a ship float? 3. Why does ice float on water? What do you mean by Anomalous Expansion of water? 4. What is the chemical formula of Nitric Acid? 5. What is the general formula for Alkynes (hydrocarbons)? 6. What are the types of bonds in Benzene? 7. What is the chemical formula of Sugarcane? 8. Why do seasons exist? 9. What is Greenhouse Effect? What is Global Warming? 10. What is Tanθ in terms of the sides of a triangle? 11. What is a cube + b cube? 12. What is cos(A-B)? Interview 2 Similar to HR Interview (Captain from Anglo-Eastern Ship Management) After going through my Bio-data form and essays... He shared further details of the course, the costs involved, duration, etc. He asked me about how I got to know about this company and ascertained my inclination for the course.

2 Answers