dunnhumby Interview Questions in Cincinnati, OH | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at dunnhumby

3.3

Lead Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at dunnhumby (Cincinnati, OH (US)).

Interview

Had an initial phone screen and was asked to come in on short notice the very next day. I had no problem with that and accommodated. The first in person interview was with a department head followed by another interview with the hiring manager and another associate. After those interviewers the recruiter said I will hear back in 2 weeks. About after 2.5 weeks I followed up to find out the status. Never got a reply back! Never even got a rejection call or email either....just nothing. Had to see the position was taken down to finally get some closure that I did not get the job. That shows a definite lack in professionalism in my opinion. They promote work hard play hard but I guess that comes at the expense of courtesy.

Interview Questions

• Questions mostly regarding day to day activities. Not many behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at dunnhumby (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview. The questions were not that difficult and I was asked to come in for an in person interview. The interview as broken up into three 45 minute sections. One section was just like a normal interview. The remaining sections were for a case study. We had 45 minutes to prepare the given case study and then 45 minutes to present it. This was the most difficult past of the interview. I wasn't sure if the responses I was giving were the ones they were looking for and the person that was conducting the interview didn't have much to say.

Interview Questions

• How could you determine the amount of soft drinks Kroger sold in a year   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at dunnhumby (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

They came to campus for first round interviews. Next day they contacted me for a final office interview for the next week. Final interview involved a 45 min case study, 45 minute group interview, and a standard 45 minute one on one interview. They do a good job of paying for your travel expenses.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at dunnhumby (Cincinnati, OH (US)).

Interview

I was contacted by someone in the project management group for a phone interview. I was asked to quickly run through my previous experience and describe the role, challenges, deliverables, etc.

Everything seemed fine until I was abruptly interrupted toward the end. The only way I can accurately describe what happened next would be to say I was "dressed down". At this point it became clear that the woman I was speaking to never had any intention of hiring me and was having a very bad day. She proceeded to tell me all the reasons I was not a good fit for the role and actually got pretty personal making several remarks that explained to me how she didn't think I was a good IT employee in general. This was very surprising, especially since I had been in a much larger role at a fortune 5 company for the past 11 years.

Needless to say, there was no offer. If there was an offer of employment, I would have promptly declined it.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dunnhumby (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Very lengthy 9-5 interview process: large group small group and one on one. I applied online, they did a phone screen, then brought me in for a full day interview along with other soon to be college graduates. They did take us to a good lunch!

Interview Questions

• What is your past experience   1 Answer

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dunnhumby (Cincinnati, OH (US)).

Interview

I had to take an assessment after having my resume accepted. It was pretty hard, but I managed to pass. Questions centered around reading charts/graphs and doing calculations. I didn't hear back for a month or so, but eventually did.

After that, it was very quick process. I got notified of a video interview, was scheduled 2 days later, got notified of the on-site that same night, and then flew to the office about 5 days later.

The video interview was part behavioral, part mini-case. The mini-case asked me to walk through my thought processes when starting a company. Other questions included "What would you do if you had 48-hour access to a grocery store's database.

A lot of the questions focused on what you would do with data containing "any information you'd find on a grocery receipt."

The on-site interview consisted of four 45-minute segments. 45 minutes for an interview very similar to the video. 45 minutes to prepare a presentation of a case. 45 minutes to present the case, and 45 minutes behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• The main case during the super day was a presentation. I was given 45 minutes to look at the case (design a method for evaluating the success of the launch of a given product). Then I had 45 minutes to present the case to an interviewer. It wasn't particularly hard, but was just different.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dunnhumby (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

I initially applied for the position online, and was quickly informed that I had passed their initial screen. The next step was a pair of reasoning tests that were not especially difficult; nonetheless, I recommend taking the practice tests first, to familiarize yourself with them. If you don't work fast, time pressure could be a concern. The next step after the reasoning tests was a phone interview. It focused on getting a glimpse of both your personality and your ability to think through problems, so be prepared for both types of questions. The last step was an on-site interview in Cincinnati that involved two interviews that were a combination of case and behavior interviews as well as a case presentation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at dunnhumby (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

It was a two interview process. The first interview was done over the phone and went over my classwork and my experience outside classwork. Did not ask too many behavioral based questions. Then after the first interview, they invited us to a half-day on-site. We were first given a couple of group assessments. Then they broke us up and gave each of us a problem. We were given around 20 minutes to solve the problem and answer the questions. Then two interviewers went over the answers and our processes with us. The behavior based questions came after that. We then were provided lunch and had a Q&A with two employees who gave us a tour.

Interview Questions

• If you had to focus on one specific group of people, based on one attribute, how would you sift through all the data to narrow down the search?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at dunnhumby (Cincinnati, OH (US)).

Interview

If you pass the phone interview,you are invited to get a face to face interview in the company building, You get to meet at least 4 people, including the colleagues you are going to work with and the directors/managers you are going to report. Very friendly people. Prepare to explain all the work you mentioned in your resume. Especially, if you are going to work on an analytic side, you need to be ready for very smart and though questions.

Interview Questions

• Technical people will be given a SAS/SQL exam to test their basic programming skills.

Also, knowing the culture of the company and integrating those values into your answers might help you out!   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation! The offer was already very good!

Intern Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at dunnhumby (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

The entire hiring process is really fast. Applied online, and got an email the very next day asking me to take an assessment test. The test had 2 parts - basic numerical problems and logical reasoning. The actual questions were quite easy, but the difficult part was time management. Don't linger on any question for too long. A week later, got contacted by a recruiter and arranged a phone interview in 10 days. In the phone interview, they mainly asked questions about past experiences and technical skills, also a few easy behavioral questions, like "tell me a time you have to push hard for your opinion", "give me three words how your team members describe you". A week later, the recruiter contacted me again to schedule an on site interview at their Cincinnati HQ, which consisted a dinner with recent graduate employees the night before, two 45 mins 1-to-1 interview, and a case study. I had 45 mins preparing for the case study, and 45 mins presenting it to an interviewer in informal conversations. 2 days after onsite, got a call offering the position.

Interview Questions

• how tall is willis tower (tallest building in Chicago)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They actually called me and asked for my desired pay level, and tried to match it.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.