eharmony Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Find jobs for Data Analyst

eharmony Data Analyst Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eharmony (Santa Monica, CA (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

Very unprofessional.

I was scheduled to meet with 5 or 6 different individuals. 3 of them would not meet with me because they were "too busy." Instead, they sent in a few surrogates that did not understand the position that I had applied for.

Every interview was all over the place. eHarmony clearly had no clue what they were looking for in a Data Analyst. The actual hiring manager asked several questions about machine learning, which I was expecting. But all of the other interviews involved dashboard creation. I do not know one Data Analyst that also does dashboard design as that is clearly a frontend user interface engineering position. They asked me if I had experience with practically every single machine learning, statistics and visualization package known to man. It was clear that they were just going down a checklist of the latest buzzwords.

Recruiter said "I will have an answer to you tomorrow." Three days passed and I emailed the recruiter. His response was "the hiring manager was in a car accident. I will have an answer in a few days." I never heard back. Very unprofessional to not even have the cojones to deliver bad news.

I am glad that I did not get the position though. This is a typical corporate dot com company with a typical 9-5 boring culture. I was not into the whole touchy-feely notion that they are helping people "find love." Gag me.

The person that they did end up hiring is just a basic data analyst with no machine learning or visualization experience according to LinkedIn. So what the heck were they hiring for? I guess when they found out they couldn't find an expert in "everything" they changed their tactics. The position was open for at least 9 months.

The whole process was pitiful, and makes eHarmony and the recruiter look pathetic.

Interview Questions

• How would you simultaneously visualize the accuracy of a classifier?   1 Answer
  • Write a line of shell that recursively removes .svn directories.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for eharmony

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eharmony (Santa Monica, CA (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online via eHarmony. Also connected to one of the hiring managers on linkedIn. Did a quick 20min phone interview and they decided to bring me in for an onsite interview.

eHarmony is located in the same building as Yahoo. Cool work place. Lots of pictures of matched couples on the wall. Relax and casual environment. Typical dot-com company.

Was asked questions pertaining to data visualization, statistics and machine learning.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.