Software development engineer Interview Questions in Las Vegas, NV | Glassdoor.co.in

Software development engineer Interview Questions in Las Vegas, NV, US

software development engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Having to recite some silly technical reference that I never use to build web applications in .NET. Some of the participants usually from India will just grab a question from a text book.That would be OK if I were in school and reading chapters from that book preparing for an exam or quiz.

1 Answer

I do not memorize the reference manuals. I research if I need to and sometimes use the professional community groups when I need them.

Asked general computer science topics (Describe a hash table, etc.) Didn't ask any behavioral questions, or anything about my résumé. Had two coding questions: 1) Given a Binary Search Tree, print out the median value. If there is an even number of nodes, print the average of the two middles. 2) Given a Genealogy Tree, print out the tree, row by row. For example: Dave / \ Michael Sarah / \ / \ Joe Alex Sam Tom Output would be: Dave Michael Sarah Joe Alex Sam Tom The questions weren't very hard, but I nearly ran out of time because I couldn't understand them. I spent a lot of time just trying to understand what they were asking for. They asked about the time and space complexities of everything I was doing. After I finished the second question, he gave me another problem with it. Asked if there would be a way where you get stuck in an infinite loop, and how to fix it. Also, they allowed me to choose which language I was more comfortable with. I used Java.

1 Answer