Principal consultant Interview Questions in Reading, UK | Glassdoor.co.in

Principal consultant Interview Questions in Reading, UK

principal consultant interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Can you give me an example when you had to budget and manage a task/work package?

2 Answers

From starting to end...i will collect the bill and vouchers..if it's low or high budget...iwill surely manage it

For an example:in civil we may go through all bill of the material and voucher of the labours....and finnally we increase our rate...sale of the building

(2nd colleague): [scenario based session on the whiteboard, to see how you think when on the spot/pressured] 1. First question: on one of my first projects here at MS, I'm told I've got 2hrs before I have to present a genius test solution for our client's million pound project, given the following details: - migration project where an identity management software was used to populate SAP (using Active directory) - 2 env. setups (test & PROD) - Like-live test data is available - personnel resources: Architect, one third party test resource unfamiliar with the technology, client has 8man developer team offsite, you're on the team, systems support, network sme 2. Second question: you're given a WPF appl., having a single text box on it which receives 2digit numbers and processes them into a db on clicking a button. How would you test it (giving sample test data)?

1 Answer

Current salary and benefit details.

1 Answer

Why am I looking to leave my existing employer?

1 Answer

(1st colleague): fine comb through my cv; - tell me what your recent projects have been about? - tell me how you achieved 50% reduction of bugs on this project? - could you tell me how the webservice for this solution you were testing was implemented? - could you tell me how you achieved 20% reduction in downtime on this project? - How would you go about ensuring quality/ standards on a project if you've inherited committed dates /timeless from a predecessor? - how would you go about testing a similar instance of this service if there was no access to LIVE data? - How would you setup your test rig if there were multiple security/access restrictions?

Was asked to compare various solutions in the market vs Oracle and state the letters USP

(3rd colleague): Agnostic to my cv, wanted to know about me and my journey: 1. Tell me about yourself? 2. Tell me your most challenging project? 3. Tell me about your largest team? 4. Tell me about your last project? 5. Have you worked on a project using XYZ component/feature/technology/DB/ERP tool etc we're using on this project? 6. What's your current availability? 7. When did /does your current contract come to an end? 8. Why did your current contract come to an end? 9. When can you start?