Principal consultant Interview Questions in Reading, UK | Glassdoor.co.in

Principal consultant Interview Questions in Reading, UK

principal consultant interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Was asked to compare various solutions in the market vs Oracle and state the letters USP

Can you give me an example when you had to budget and manage a task/work package?

2 Answers

Current salary and benefit details.

1 Answer

(3rd colleague): Agnostic to my cv, wanted to know about me and my journey: 1. Tell me about yourself? 2. Tell me your most challenging project? 3. Tell me about your largest team? 4. Tell me about your last project? 5. Have you worked on a project using XYZ component/feature/technology/DB/ERP tool etc we're using on this project? 6. What's your current availability? 7. When did /does your current contract come to an end? 8. Why did your current contract come to an end? 9. When can you start?

(2nd colleague): [scenario based session on the whiteboard, to see how you think when on the spot/pressured] 1. First question: on one of my first projects here at MS, I'm told I've got 2hrs before I have to present a genius test solution for our client's million pound project, given the following details: - migration project where an identity management software was used to populate SAP (using Active directory) - 2 env. setups (test & PROD) - Like-live test data is available - personnel resources: Architect, one third party test resource unfamiliar with the technology, client has 8man developer team offsite, you're on the team, systems support, network sme 2. Second question: you're given a WPF appl., having a single text box on it which receives 2digit numbers and processes them into a db on clicking a button. How would you test it (giving sample test data)?

1 Answer

(1st colleague): fine comb through my cv; - tell me what your recent projects have been about? - tell me how you achieved 50% reduction of bugs on this project? - could you tell me how the webservice for this solution you were testing was implemented? - could you tell me how you achieved 20% reduction in downtime on this project? - How would you go about ensuring quality/ standards on a project if you've inherited committed dates /timeless from a predecessor? - how would you go about testing a similar instance of this service if there was no access to LIVE data? - How would you setup your test rig if there were multiple security/access restrictions?

Why am I looking to leave my existing employer?