Technical lead Interview Questions in Reading, UK


Technical Lead interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance|Popular|Date
Standard Bank Group
Product Control Lead was asked...22 April 2015

What is the angle between the hands when it is quarter past 3

23 Answers

7.5 degrees

7.5 degrees. The hour hand would have moved past 3 in order for it to be 3:15.

Time for me to go

Show More Responses

room, desk and car which do you clean first

22 Answers

What makes you think any of the three are not clean already?

Are these things mine or someone else?

My reply to the interviewer would be: It depends on where I am spending the most of my time and which would have the greatest visibility to visitors or customers. If we are talking about work desk, then that gets cleaned first. If it is simply a home office desk versus the living room, the living room gets it first. If I use the car to often transport customers, then that gets my attention first. I want to try to make sure first impressions are good ones. Less

Show More Responses
Capstone Logistics

Can you pass a drug test?

16 Answers

It's a urinalysis which isn't very accurate. I know of people who smoke that got in.. which an associate who comes to work high makes me uncomfortable.. have a cool accident then what Less



Show More Responses

Coding test: 1. Given a string, find out if there's repeat characters in it. 2. SQL. Given a Customer table and a Payment table (with Customer ID as primary and foreign key), write a query to output a list of customers who have not paid their bills in the last 3 months.

15 Answers

Did well on the first Java coding test. Solution using Hashset. Not so well on the SQL query. Able to give a query, but a few errors in it I am sure. Also there was a second questions regarding the SQL query, which we didn't have time to get to. So that was another bad thing. I am pretty sure I did not pass. But good learning experience. Less

import java.util.*; public class test { public static void main(String[] args) { String str = "abdc"; char[] arr = str.toCharArray(); HashSet set = new HashSet(); for (char i : arr ) { set.add(i); } if((set.size()) == (arr.length)) System.out.println("unique character"); else System.out.println("repetition"); } } Less


Show More Responses

If you're given a jar with a mix of fair and unfair coins, and you pull one out and flip it 3 times, and get the specific sequence heads heads tails, what are the chances that you pulled out a fair or an unfair coin?

11 Answers

'Fair or unfair coin'. Well then, the answer is 1. It's like asking if I flip a coin, what's the probability of getting heads or tails? Less

An unfair coin is weighted (biased) towards one of the sides (head or tails). Since we don't know how many coins are unfair, or whether they are bias towards heads or tails, we cannot decide the probability more closely, than 50/50. Either we did, or did not pull out a fair coin. Less

"If you don't know how unfair the coins are then you have to compare fair vs. not fair. A fair coin Pf = 1/2 probability of heads or tails and therefore has a 1/(2^3) = 1/8 probability of going HHT. An unfair coin has a probability P*P*(1-P) = 2*(P^2) - (P^3) of going HHT. Integrating across P from 0 to 1, you also get 1/8. Therefore, whether the coin was biased or not, you had an even chance when you got HHT that the coin was fair or not fair (50%). However, if you were to know the distribution of the coins in the jar between fair and not fair, you would be able to estimate the probability the coin was fair based on that distribution." For this above comment: Isn't P*P(1-P) = P^2-P^3? The integral of that should be (1/3)(x^3) - (1/4)(x^4). If you integrate over 0 to 1 you would get a probability of 1/12. How are you justifying HHT to be P*P*(1-P) for an unfair coin that goes HHT - could you explain? If 1/12 is correct, I assume you have 60% probability of pulling a fair coin and a 40% probability of pulling an unfair coin? Less

Show More Responses

What are your weekensses?

8 Answers

My only weakness is I try to do things genuinely and with perfection, which sometimes creates a problem because it takes Time to do things with perfection. I prefer quality over quantity. Less

I am very talkative and a poor listener.

i would like to do only interested subjects , once i get interest in the subject, i never leave, but its difficult to do which i am not intersted : thats my weakness. Less

Show More Responses

They wanted to know if I was familiar with the entire procurement process and if I could bring more systematic procedure to their procurement process.

7 Answers

Meet online meetings code for the information

Good learn and devlop every challenge and fect

Learn to all process that's improv to our work

Show More Responses

why you want to join here?

6 Answers

For a better growth prospectus

New joined

For good carrer...

Show More Responses

Do you feel your child will affect your ability to work ?

5 Answers

Illegal question!!!!

Yes they are in fact allowed! It's no illegal in the least. If it were a disability you have, that might be illegal. But if you have a child or are in college, they ABSOLUTELY have a right to ask if it might interfere with work. Less

nless you volunteered that you have a child, it is absolutely illegal to ask if you have children. Referencing "HR World" What you can't ask: Do you have or plan to have children? Clearly, the concern here is that family obligations will get in the way of work hours. Instead of asking about or making assumptions on family situations, get to the root of the issue by asking directly about the candidate's availability. What to ask instead: Are you available to work overtime on occasion? Can you travel? Less

Show More Responses
Team Lead was asked...27 December 2012

"In case you won't qualify for the team lead position you applied for, are you okay if we hire you as agent?"

3 Answers

yes, cause i look for a job, i"m not looking for a position. to start in any job everybody start in above position before they overcome the high position, that they want. Less

Are you high?

"I'm sorry, no, it is not okay."

Viewing 1 - 10 of 29,620 Interview Questions