Senior project manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

senior project manager Interviews

Senior project manager Interview Questions

senior project manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

You are Product Manager at YouTube and you suddenly realize that you have viewership has fallen by 50%. How would you figure out what happened.

3 Answers

My first response was to say that as a YouTube PM if you didn't know your viewership had fallen 50%, there are more serious issues here and you probably should be fired. I didn't approach this the way the interviewer wanted - there are many books that cover how case interviews are to be structured, but frankly given my experience level I wasn't expecting such a bizarre conversation. I have been on both sides of the interview process, and this approach strikes me as a particularly bad way to hire PMs since it isn't reflective of what happens on the job, as opposed to using it to hire a Junior Consultant at McKinsey. The success (or lack of it) of this me-too knock-off product is also indicative of where this approach has taken them.

Perhaps your throwing "how damn experienced I am" and " I am too good to follow the rules" pissed off the interviewer?

This is a standard question in facebook google Microsoft amazon and pretty much every large tech company. How did you approach it?

The very last question was, "if you could be the product manager for any product in Google which would it be?"

3 Answers

Choose your favorite product, explain why and how would you improve

3 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

What are your expectations?

1 Answer

Tell us about a problem you faced and how you faced (onion peeling approach)

3 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Mix of Case studies, puzzles, feature suggestion and practical problem-solving for given Business model.

2 Answers

Tell me about your last project

Dark Room with 3 pairs of socks have to come out with 2 pairs