Software Development Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Software Development Engineer I Interview Questions

Software development engineer i interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Find the longest palindrome in a string

3 Answers

O(N^2) solution in java: //Now implement the improved method public static String LongestPalindromeImprove(String in) { char[] input = in.toCharArray(); int longestStart = 0; int longestEnd = 0;//we also need global start/end to keep track of the current best as we process //now the key is to scan from mid to both ends for(int mid=0; mid=0 && rightlongestEnd-longestStart)//the longer is found! { longestStart = left; longestEnd = right; } } left--; right++;//sorry added in wrong place, should be in either case per mid choice } //well for even case we need replicate the previous code by making one change left = mid; right = mid+1;//for example 123321 when we choose 33 as mid while(left>=0 && rightlongestEnd-longestStart)//the longer is found! { longestStart = left; longestEnd = right; } } left--; right++; } //do not forget to increase right and decresea left!!! } //after the loop we return return in.substring(longestStart, longestEnd+1); } I also made a demo video to show the whole process to solve this problem with a comparison naive (O(N^3)) method and a test case at http://youtu.be/UhJCXiLSKv0

Check out the nice C code.. http://justprogrammng.blogspot.com/2012/05/find-longest-palindrome-in-string-onn-c.html

/* * To change this template, choose Tools | Templates * and open the template in the editor. */ package towerofhanoi; import java.util.Enumeration; import java.util.Hashtable; import java.util.Vector; /** * * @author sanal */ public class PalindromeEx { public boolean isPalindrome(String str){ char[] chars = str.toCharArray(); int left = 0; int right = chars.length-1; int mid = chars.length/2; for(left=0;left

You've a singly linked list where every node in the list has a field "random" which points to other node in the same list. Write a function to clone this list (create a new copy of the same). Don't use extra space (just the pointer variables are fine).

3 Answers

1. Copy a linked list with random pointer. 2. Find an element in a sorted 2-D array top to bottom and left to right 3. Find cycle in a liked-list

1 Answer

Determine the anagrams of a word in a file

1 Answer

Describe, in as much detail as possible, everything that happens on a Linux machine from the point when you hit the enter key after typing "./a.out" to the moment when "Hello World!" gets printed on the screen.

1 Answer

Bar raiser round with Given that the input is a binary tree connect all the elements in the same level or depth using links.

Diagonals of a tree

1 Answer

It was easy interview, just be confident

1 Answer

Basically Related to Data Structure and Algorithm.

1 Answer

Size of market of used diapers in India.