Software Development Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Find jobs for Software Development Manager

Software Development Manager Interview Questions

Software development manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

A web service is used by many teams. How do you release a new version ? Sending emails or reminders to a mailing list of current users does not guarantee a full response, what do you do?

3 Answers

1) you can add version number in the url lie ../api/v2/account 2) use header, so the url does not change and it is always point to latest 3) use content negotiation technique

In this situation, calling a mandatory meeting having all representative for all the team make a difference. Apart from one official mail it is wise to look and understand the impact of new release for existing area if they have not been tested properly. Further past regression and automated results will help you to minimize the risk.

You can override the methods which required change and deprecate old method. Also a java doc comments would help wherein it would mention the next version, when this old method wont be availble thereon.

What do I know about Distributed systems?

3 Answers

First Round Questions (6 year Exp Software Engineer took the interview) 1)In a Given array which contains sorted numbers only one of number matches with that of Index. Find the number Not in O(N). 2)Derive a DataStructure to support the following operations Insert/Delete/Search/GetRandom Value in O(1) & O(logN)

3 Answers

All scenario based questions!!

2 Answers

How do I motivate top performers?

2 Answers

Round 1: SDET Director It wend pretty well. Interviewer was knowledgeable and asked the questions around past projects and managerial skill Round 2: SDE Director Focus was on algorithmic questions. 1. Print tree in zigzag manner 2. in 2D-array if elements are in increasing order in Row and column then find the particular element Interviewer was calm and cool. I couldn't give the answer for questions as I was not prepared well I was happy with the interview experience till this point Round 3 : Sr SDET Manager Was asked mainly around the processes followed in my company and couple of random questions. In this round interviewer was talking more than me. Round 4 : Sr SDET Manager Interviewer had some questions and was expecting the same answers which he had in mind. I was expecting maturity level for person with such designation And as usual no feedback from HR team.

1 Answer

Why are you choosing to move out

1 Answer

Are you keen on becoming Architect?

1 Answer

A graph related question which i didn't understand very well, but was related to converting one string to another in the shortest possible steps by using a dictionary of available strings to be used as a intermediate steps. This conversion can only be done by replacing one character at a time.

1 Answer

Write an algorithm to check in in an integer array, the array can be sorted by just one exchange of elements

110 of 67 Interview Questions