Applications developer Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor.co.in

Find jobs for applications developer

Applications developer Interview Questions in United States

1,502

applications developer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

1. Take an integer input and output the number of 1's in it's binary representation. 2. Implement a mergesort. 3. Explain your level of understanding of data structures (trees, etc.) 4. What makes java different than other languages?

9 Answers

4. Garbage collection

Hey, did you hear back from them about the final decision? Also, were u coding in Java or Python? If python, why did they ask you questions on java? Could u share those questions because I have been invited too

They ask you what language you feel most comfortable with and ask you questions based on that (I said Java). I haven't heard back but I have been contacted by another recruiter from their Manhattan office so maybe better luck on this second try. Good Luck!

We have a pond containing a single bacterium. The number of bacteria double every 5 minutes, and the pond is full of them in 24 hours. If we started with the same pond but two bacteria, how long will it take to fill the pond?

4 Answers

There are 10 stacks of 10 coins each. 9 of the stacks contain coins that weigh 1g each. The other stack contains coins of 2g each. The coins look the same. We have a scale that we can get a measurement of grams from, not a balance. We can use the scale exactly once to weigh anything here from a single coin to all of them. How can we determine which stack is the 2g coins?

4 Answers

Given a single-line text string and a maximum width value, write the function 'string justify(string text, int maxWidth)' that formats the input text using full-justification, i.e., extra spaces on each line are equally distributed between the words; the first word on each line is flushed left and the last word on each line is flushed right.

3 Answers

String manipulation in a language that was described by the test

Know how hashing works

2 Answers

Onsite - 1. You have a computer with seven core cpu, you have a file and you have to read each line of the file, check if it has the word UPS in it, if so , then write it to a file, if there is no word as UPS in it, write that line to a different file. 2. An amount will be given as input. The amount will have some cents in change. So, for example $29.90. For the change, you have to start using the highest denomination and go to the lowest until the change value is completely met.

2 Answers

Given a singularly linked list how would you find the middle value in one iteration, regardless if there are an even or odd amount of items in the list?

2 Answers

We have strings of format A_ _ _ _ _ _ _, an A followed by 6 spaces that can be a number 0-9. We also have regular expressions with the operations "or" and "*" defined as follows:. The easiest way to illustrate this is to give an example. "A000001 or A000000" has size 2 because it matches two strings. "*" represents a wild card, so A00000* has size 10 because it matches 10 different strings, (A000000 - A000009). "A0* or A1*" has size 20,000 because it matches 20,000 different strings. The question was this: Write a function that takes in a number N and outputs a regular expression that matches exactly N strings of format A _ _ _ _ _ _.

2 Answers

He told me that he completely understands that not everyone knows everything, and that many people don't have all of the experience or skills needed for a specific job. Then he asked me "what would you do if you needed to know something in order to complete you job that you didn't already know?"

110 of 1,502 Interview Questions