junior software engineer interview questions shared by candidates
1. You are given x amount of balls, all but two are red, all but two are green, all but two are blue. How many balls do you have? 2. Why are manhole covers circular? 3. There are x amount of balls in a bag, 8 are red, 4 are green, 4 are blue. You are blind folded. What is the least amount of balls you have to pull out of the bag to be 100% sure you have 1 of every color.
1. 3 2. A circle cannot fall through a circle 3. 13
or for 2 it could be because a heavy round object is easier for one person to handle and move (roll) ... a circle can not fit fall through a circle..WTF.. neither can a square, rectable, trapezoid, or any other shapae that would sit on a shelf of sorts which is what the manhole does.
Circular covers don't need to be rotated or precisely aligned when placing them on the opening. A round manhole cover is easily moved and rolled.
See Interview Questions for Similar Jobs
- Software Engineer
- Software Developer
- Java Developer
- Senior Software Engineer
- Junior Software Developer
- Junior Software Engineer
- Associate Software Engineer
- Applications Developer
- Software Development Engineer
- PHP Developer
- Principal Software Engineer
- Software Engineer Trainee
- Senior Software Developer